Обсуждение: ToDo: enhanced autocomplete for object identified by prefix

ToDo: enhanced autocomplete for object identified by prefix

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

I looked so we can enhance autocomple about: autocomplete any
datatypes for casting and autocomplete any psql varibles. This need
just add support suffix and prefix strings to joining final string.
these variables can be filled by specified handlers - like now. Some
proposed values:

prefix ::" --- data type --- suffix "
prefix :: --- data type
prefix :" -- psql variable -- suffix "
prefix :' -- psql variable -- suffix '
prefix : -- psql variable

ideas? comments?

Regards

Pavel Stehule

Re: ToDo: enhanced autocomplete for object identified by prefix

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
2010/10/4 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> Hello
>
> I looked so we can enhance autocomple about: autocomplete any
> datatypes for casting and autocomplete any psql varibles. This need
> just add support suffix and prefix strings to joining final string.
> these variables can be filled by specified handlers - like now. Some
> proposed values:
>
> prefix ::" --- data type --- suffix "
> prefix :: --- data type
> prefix :" -- psql variable -- suffix "
> prefix :' -- psql variable -- suffix '
> prefix : -- psql variable
>
> ideas? comments?
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel Stehule

hmm .. I looked deeper - and I was wrong - readline doesn't support
any prefix or suffix variables - so it isn't simple as I expected.
Probably we can simulate some with combination
rl_basic_word_break_characters += : and rl_completer_quote_characters
= "'\""; but we are not able to identify : and ::

Regards

Pavel