Re: ToDo: enhanced autocomplete for object identified by prefix

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: ToDo: enhanced autocomplete for object identified by prefix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2010/10/4 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> Hello
>
> I looked so we can enhance autocomple about: autocomplete any
> datatypes for casting and autocomplete any psql varibles. This need
> just add support suffix and prefix strings to joining final string.
> these variables can be filled by specified handlers - like now. Some
> proposed values:
>
> prefix ::" --- data type --- suffix "
> prefix :: --- data type
> prefix :" -- psql variable -- suffix "
> prefix :' -- psql variable -- suffix '
> prefix : -- psql variable
>
> ideas? comments?
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel Stehule

hmm .. I looked deeper - and I was wrong - readline doesn't support
any prefix or suffix variables - so it isn't simple as I expected.
Probably we can simulate some with combination
rl_basic_word_break_characters += : and rl_completer_quote_characters
= "'\""; but we are not able to identify : and ::

Regards

Pavel