Обсуждение: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

От
Chris
Дата:
I'm testing beta 3 and ran across a PL/Python3u bug again.
This time it won't let me install it at all.
Kubuntu 10.04

./configure --with-pgport=5433 --with-python --with-ossp-uuid --with-libxml --with-libxslt --with-perl --prefix=/usr/local/pgsqlb3
make
make check
sudo make install
All work fine.

However....
postgres@cspotts-laptop:/usr/local/pgsql/lib$ createlang plpython3u
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython3": No such file or directory
STATEMENT:  CREATE LANGUAGE "plpython3u";

createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plpython3": No such file or directory

Thoughts? Ideas? Am I doing something wrong? If I can provide more detail about something specific, let me know.

--
Chris Spotts
rfusca@gmail.com

Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On tis, 2010-07-13 at 15:38 -0500, Chris wrote:
> I'm testing beta 3 and ran across a PL/Python3u bug again.
> This time it won't let me install it at all.
> Kubuntu 10.04
>
> ./configure --with-pgport=5433 --with-python --with-ossp-uuid
> --with-libxml
> --with-libxslt --with-perl --prefix=/usr/local/pgsqlb3

You probably need something like

./configure ... PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ...

here.  Otherwise it picks up /usr/bin/python, which is probably Python
2.

Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

От
Chris
Дата:
So if I have to explicitly set the python interpretor, how would you ever have a plpython2u and plpython3u function in the same DB (regardless of the fact that they can't run in the same session)?  The manual implies you could have them both installed since it says that there's a per session limitation.  After specifying the python3 interpretor, I can indeed now run plpython3u, but I (rather obviously) can't createlang plpython2u now.
I would think that the plpython section of the manual may want some reference to that fact that that compile flag needs to be set.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On tis, 2010-07-13 at 15:38 -0500, Chris wrote:
> I'm testing beta 3 and ran across a PL/Python3u bug again.
> This time it won't let me install it at all.
> Kubuntu 10.04
>
> ./configure --with-pgport=5433 --with-python --with-ossp-uuid
> --with-libxml
> --with-libxslt --with-perl --prefix=/usr/local/pgsqlb3

You probably need something like

./configure ... PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ...

here.  Otherwise it picks up /usr/bin/python, which is probably Python
2.

--
Chris Spotts
rfusca@gmail.com

Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

Дата:
Chris <rfusca@gmail.com> writes:
> So if I have to explicitly set the python interpretor, how would you ever
> have a plpython2u and plpython3u function in the same DB (regardless of the
> fact that they can't run in the same session)?

You'd have to build the two plpython.so's in separate compile operations.
        regards, tom lane

Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

От
Chris

You'd have to build the two plpython.so's in separate compile operations.

                       regards, tom lane

I hadn't thought of that.  Tried it and it does work.  Thanks.
--
Chris Spotts
rfusca@gmail.com

Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On tis, 2010-07-13 at 20:28 -0500, Chris wrote:
> So if I have to explicitly set the python interpretor, how would you
> ever have a plpython2u and plpython3u function in the same DB
> (regardless of the fact that they can't run in the same session)?  The
> manual implies you could have them both installed since it says that
> there's a per session limitation.  After specifying the python3
> interpretor, I can indeed now run plpython3u, but I (rather obviously)
> can't createlang plpython2u now.
> I would think that the plpython section of the manual may want some
> reference to that fact that that compile flag needs to be set.

Added documentation about that.

> Additionally, "What's New In Python 3.0 " for the beta 3 docs on
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/plpython-python23.html is
> dead.

And fixed that.