Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3

От Chris
Тема Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3
Дата
Re: testing plpython3u on 9.0beta3  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
So if I have to explicitly set the python interpretor, how would you ever have a plpython2u and plpython3u function in the same DB (regardless of the fact that they can't run in the same session)?  The manual implies you could have them both installed since it says that there's a per session limitation.  After specifying the python3 interpretor, I can indeed now run plpython3u, but I (rather obviously) can't createlang plpython2u now.
I would think that the plpython section of the manual may want some reference to that fact that that compile flag needs to be set.

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On tis, 2010-07-13 at 15:38 -0500, Chris wrote:
> I'm testing beta 3 and ran across a PL/Python3u bug again.
> This time it won't let me install it at all.
> Kubuntu 10.04
>
> ./configure --with-pgport=5433 --with-python --with-ossp-uuid
> --with-libxml
> --with-libxslt --with-perl --prefix=/usr/local/pgsqlb3

You probably need something like

./configure ... PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3 ...

here.  Otherwise it picks up /usr/bin/python, which is probably Python
2.

--
Chris Spotts
rfusca@gmail.com