Обсуждение: New buildfarm client release

New buildfarm client release

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.

There are two new features:
   * The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO     module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git.
Newconfig options     support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS     are still supported. Support
forrunning the buildfarm from Git is     a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this     meets
thatrequirement (a little later than planned, but as     promised almost exactly one year ago).   * The requirement to
specifya port for each branch to build with is     gone. If the config parameter 'base_port' is specified the code
willpick a unique port for the branch, a short number above that     setting. The means that the config file does not
needto be     changed when a new stable postgres release is made. Again,     old-style configs continue to be
supported.

The new client can be downloaded from:
<http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000040>

cheers

andrew

Re: New buildfarm client release

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.
>
> There are two new features:
>
>   * The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO
>     module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git. New config options
>     support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS
>     are still supported. Support for running the buildfarm from Git is
>     a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this
>     meets that requirement (a little later than planned, but as
>     promised almost exactly one year ago).

maybe i'm not understanding but this will be able to build specific
branches so we can have some experimental code running in buildfarm?

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.
>>
>> There are two new features:
>>
>>   * The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO
>>     module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git. New config options
>>     support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS
>>     are still supported. Support for running the buildfarm from Git is
>>     a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this
>>     meets that requirement (a little later than planned, but as
>>     promised almost exactly one year ago).
>>

> maybe i'm not understanding but this will be able to build specific
> branches so we can have some experimental code running in buildfarm?

The code can build and report on any branch that exists in the upstream
repository. But I don't want to accept reports on private branches on
the buildfarm server, at least on the dashboard. It's a subject worth
thinking about, though.

The branches that are built are controlled by the client owners, not by
me. That's the way things are in a distributed world -;)

cheers

andrew