Re: New buildfarm client release

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: New buildfarm client release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
>> I have just released version 4.0 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client.
>>
>> There are two new features:
>>
>>   * The SCM code is substantially rearranged into a separate OO
>>     module, with subclasses supporting CVS and Git. New config options
>>     support these changes, while old style config parameters for CVS
>>     are still supported. Support for running the buildfarm from Git is
>>     a requirement before we can move the core community repo, and this
>>     meets that requirement (a little later than planned, but as
>>     promised almost exactly one year ago).
>>

> maybe i'm not understanding but this will be able to build specific
> branches so we can have some experimental code running in buildfarm?

The code can build and report on any branch that exists in the upstream
repository. But I don't want to accept reports on private branches on
the buildfarm server, at least on the dashboard. It's a subject worth
thinking about, though.

The branches that are built are controlled by the client owners, not by
me. That's the way things are in a distributed world -;)

cheers

andrew