Обсуждение: \dF wrt text search

\dF wrt text search

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Section 12.1.3. Configurations of the developer docs notes that "Fortunately,
PostgreSQL comes with predefined configurations for many languages. (psql's
\dF  shows all predefined configurations.)"  but alas it doesn't seem to.

Welcome to psql 8.3devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help with psql commands      \g
orterminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

postgres=# \dF
Did not find any relation named "F".
postgres=# select version();                                             version
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 8.3devel
oni686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.0.3

(Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
(1 row)

Is this information just wrong, or is it floating around on someone's TODO
list? If it needs to be I could take a whack at it (though perhaps things are
still to in flux to worry about this yet?)

--
Robert Treat

Re: \dF wrt text search

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:
> Section 12.1.3. Configurations of the developer docs notes that "Fortunately,
> PostgreSQL comes with predefined configurations for many languages. (psql's
> \dF  shows all predefined configurations.)"  but alas it doesn't seem to.
>
> Welcome to psql 8.3devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>        \h for help with SQL commands
>        \? for help with psql commands
>        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>        \q to quit
>
> postgres=# \dF
> Did not find any relation named "F".
> postgres=# select version();
>                                               version
>  PostgreSQL 8.3devel on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.0.3
> (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5)
> (1 row)
>
> Is this information just wrong, or is it floating around on someone's TODO
> list? If it needs to be I could take a whack at it (though perhaps things are
> still to in flux to worry about this yet?)

works for me(expect for tab complete support but I already posted a
patch for that):

postgres=# select version();                                                     version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL
8.3develon i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)

4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)
(1 row)

postgres=# \dF              List of text search configurations  Schema   |    Name    |              Description
------------+------------+---------------------------------------pg_catalog | danish     | Configuration for danish
languagepg_catalog| dutch      | Configuration for dutch languagepg_catalog | english    | Configuration for english
languagepg_catalog| finnish    | Configuration for finnish languagepg_catalog | french     | Configuration for french
languagepg_catalog| german     | Configuration for german languagepg_catalog | hungarian  | Configuration for hungarian
languagepg_catalog| italian    | Configuration for italian languagepg_catalog | norwegian  | Configuration for
norwegianlanguagepg_catalog | portuguese | Configuration for portuguese languagepg_catalog | romanian   | Configuration
forromanian languagepg_catalog | russian    | Configuration for russian languagepg_catalog | simple     | simple
configurationpg_catalog| spanish    | Configuration for spanish languagepg_catalog | swedish    | Configuration for
swedishlanguagepg_catalog | turkish    | Configuration for turkish language

(16 rows)

Stefan

Re: \dF wrt text search

Дата:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> postgres=# \dF
> Did not find any relation named "F".

Works for me.  When did you last recompile psql?

regression=# \dF              List of text search configurations  Schema   |    Name    |              Description

[...]

regression=#

(BTW, now that I look at this: any objection to de-capitalizing
the descriptions?  Most other built-in object descriptions don't
have any caps.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: \dF wrt text search

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Sunday 02 September 2007 10:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > postgres=# \dF
> > Did not find any relation named "F".
>
> Works for me.  When did you last recompile psql?

Blah.... I compiled last night, using the latest snapshot in the
postgresql/dev/ directory in ftp, which, as I look now, has a date listed of
2007-08-10, and looking in the source the catversion is 200702251, which is
before the tsearch bits hit the tree.  So, I think my problems lie in the
snapshot no longer being updated :-\   CCing www in case someone wants to fix
it.

--
Robert Treat

Re: \dF wrt text search

Дата:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Blah.... I compiled last night, using the latest snapshot in the
> postgresql/dev/ directory in ftp, which, as I look now, has a date listed of
> 2007-08-10, and looking in the source the catversion is 200702251, which is
> before the tsearch bits hit the tree.  So, I think my problems lie in the
> snapshot no longer being updated :-\   CCing www in case someone wants to fix
> it.

I'll bet a dollar it got broken in the master-CVS-server move.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [pgsql-www] \dF wrt text search

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:

Re: [pgsql-www] \dF wrt text search

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 09:57:16PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > Blah.... I compiled last night, using the latest snapshot in the
> > postgresql/dev/ directory in ftp, which, as I look now, has a date listed of
> > 2007-08-10, and looking in the source the catversion is 200702251, which is
> > before the tsearch bits hit the tree.  So, I think my problems lie in the
> > snapshot no longer being updated :-\   CCing www in case someone wants to fix
> > it.
>
> I'll bet a dollar it got broken in the master-CVS-server move.

I thought it worked off the same cvs repo as the cvsweb stuff (on svr1),
which AFAIK isn't broken (since cvsweb works). But it's not documented
anywhere, and I do recall not being able to track down exactly how it
worked, so I won't be able to proove it to the point of being able to
collect that dollar ;-)

//Magnus

Re: [pgsql-www] \dF wrt text search

От
Decibel!
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 11:18:45PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> Should be fixed now, running a manual run of it right now, give it about 15
> minutes or so ...

Is there now monitoring for it as well?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Re: [pgsql-www] \dF wrt text search

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Decibel! wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 11:18:45PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Should be fixed now, running a manual run of it right now, give it about 15
>> minutes or so ...
>
> Is there now monitoring for it as well?

yes

Stefan