Обсуждение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: We no longer need to palloc the VacuumStmt node; keeping it on

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: We no longer need to palloc the VacuumStmt node; keeping it on

Дата:
alvherre@postgresql.org (Alvaro Herrera) writes:
> We no longer need to palloc the VacuumStmt node; keeping it on the stack is
> simpler.

If you're going to do that, you should at least set the nodeTag so that
the struct appears valid to onlookers.  A memset wouldn't be out of
place either to make sure that any uninitialized fields behave sanely.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: We no longer need to palloc the VacuumStmt node; keeping it on

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> alvherre@postgresql.org (Alvaro Herrera) writes:
> > We no longer need to palloc the VacuumStmt node; keeping it on the stack is
> > simpler.
>
> If you're going to do that, you should at least set the nodeTag so that
> the struct appears valid to onlookers.  A memset wouldn't be out of
> place either to make sure that any uninitialized fields behave sanely.

Done, thanks.