Обсуждение: more locale problems on Windows

more locale problems on Windows

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
I set my locale to Turkish, then did initdb --no-locale. pg_controldata
is set up correctly, as is postgresql.conf, but messages still come out
in Turkish on the log file. So either we aren't doing it right or my
(modern) libintl is hijacking some more stuff. Same result for French,
so it's not an anti- (or pro-) Turkish plot.

*sigh*

cheers

andrew

Re: more locale problems on Windows

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> I set my locale to Turkish, then did initdb --no-locale.
> pg_controldata is set up correctly, as is postgresql.conf,
> but messages still come out in Turkish on the log file. So
> either we aren't doing it right or my
> (modern) libintl is hijacking some more stuff. Same result
> for French, so it's not an anti- (or pro-) Turkish plot.
>
> *sigh*

Do you have lc_messages set in initdb.conf? IIRC, you must explicitly
set it to english or else libintl will try to guess from your OS.

(And not only that, it guesses badly in many cases. For example, I have
windows installed in english, witheverything set to english except for
the date/time/currency format, and libintl guesses Swedish..)

//Magnus

Re: more locale problems on Windows

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
> > I set my locale to Turkish, then did initdb --no-locale.
> > pg_controldata is set up correctly, as is postgresql.conf, but
> > messages still come out in Turkish on the log file. So either we
> > aren't doing it right or my
> > (modern) libintl is hijacking some more stuff. Same result
> for French,
> > so it's not an anti- (or pro-) Turkish plot.
> >
> > *sigh*
>
> Do you have lc_messages set in initdb.conf? IIRC, you must
> explicitly set it to english or else libintl will try to
> guess from your OS.

*postgresql.conf* of course..

//Magnus

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>I set my locale to Turkish, then did initdb --no-locale.
>>pg_controldata is set up correctly, as is postgresql.conf,
>>but messages still come out in Turkish on the log file. So
>>either we aren't doing it right or my
>>(modern) libintl is hijacking some more stuff. Same result
>>for French, so it's not an anti- (or pro-) Turkish plot.
>>
>>*sigh*
>>

>Do you have lc_messages set in initdb.conf? IIRC, you must explicitly
>set it to english or else libintl will try to guess from your OS.
>
>(And not only that, it guesses badly in many cases. For example, I have
>windows installed in english, witheverything set to english except for
>the date/time/currency format, and libintl guesses Swedish..)

Yes. In fact, I can't find *any* combination of environment settings,
initdb flags or lc_messages setting in postgresql.conf that appears to
make any difference.

Maybe I'll just leave it for someone who cares more than I do to solve.

cheers

andrew