Обсуждение: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
Hi all,
I'm still experiencing problem trying to
rebuild the rpm from the file:
postgresql-7.4-0.5PGDG.src.rpm

what I get is:

checking for library containing com_err... -lcom_err
checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... no
configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_encrypt' required for
Kerberos 5

I seen that the configure is done with:
--with-krb5=/usr.

I also try to install the RPM already builded but I obtain:
file /usr/include/sqltypes.h from install of
postgresql-devel-7.4-0.5PGDG conflicts with file from package
unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
"Joshua D. Drake"

> I seen that the configure is done with:
> --with-krb5=/usr.

make sure that you have krb5-devel installed.

> I also try to install the RPM already builded but I obtain:
> file /usr/include/sqltypes.h from install of
> postgresql-devel-7.4-0.5PGDG conflicts with file from package
> unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6
>

> Regards
> Gaetano Mendola

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> I seen that the configure is done with:
>> --with-krb5=/usr.
>>

> make sure that you have krb5-devel installed.

Unfortunately yes:

# rpm -qa | grep krb5
krb5-devel-1.2.7-14
krb5-server-1.2.7-14
krb5-server-1.2.7-10
pam_krb5-1.60-1
krb5-workstation-1.2.7-10
krb5-libs-1.2.7-10
krb5-devel-1.2.7-10
krb5-libs-1.2.7-14
krb5-workstation-1.2.7-14

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Monday 01 December 2003 08:53 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm still experiencing problem trying to
> rebuild the rpm from the file:
> postgresql-7.4-0.5PGDG.src.rpm

> I seen that the configure is done with:
> --with-krb5=/usr.

You need to specify that you are building for Red Hat 9 on the command line.
The command line argument would be:
rpmbuild --define 'build89 1' --rebuild....

That command line passes --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos to configure (which
unfortunately will have to change for next cycle, but that's a different
problem).  Red Hat 9 and earlier put the kerberos stuff under /usr/kerberos;
Fedora Core 1 puts it under /usr.  My source RPM is being developed currently
on Fedora Core, which is what I run on my laptop.

> I also try to install the RPM already builded but I obtain:
> file /usr/include/sqltypes.h from install of
> postgresql-devel-7.4-0.5PGDG conflicts with file from package
> unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6

There is a namespace collision between the unixODBC includes and the
PostgreSQL includes.  It is being looked at; one or both will have to move
the include to somewhere else.  So, at the moment, you can't have
unixODBC-devel and postgresql-devel installed at the same time.  I am
investigating the best way of correcting this without breaking too many
things.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Monday 01 December 2003 08:53 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>I'm still experiencing problem trying to
>>rebuild the rpm from the file:
>>postgresql-7.4-0.5PGDG.src.rpm
>

>>I seen that the configure is done with:
>>--with-krb5=/usr.
>

> You need to specify that you are building for Red Hat 9 on the command line.
> The command line argument would be:
> rpmbuild --define 'build89 1' --rebuild....

I'll try.

>>I also try to install the RPM already builded but I obtain:
>>file /usr/include/sqltypes.h from install of
>>postgresql-devel-7.4-0.5PGDG conflicts with file from package
>>unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6
>

> There is a namespace collision between the unixODBC includes and the
> PostgreSQL includes.  It is being looked at; one or both will have to move
> the include to somewhere else.  So, at the moment, you can't have
> unixODBC-devel and postgresql-devel installed at the same time.  I am
> investigating the best way of correcting this without breaking too many
> things.

After uninstalling the package unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6 all was fine.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

PS: the 7.4 will be remembered as the longest release to be developed
and for the longest period needed in order to have the RPM for RH.
Good job anyway.

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 06:29 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > You need to specify that you are building for Red Hat 9 on the command

> I'll try.

Ok.

> PS: the 7.4 will be remembered as the longest release to be developed
> and for the longest period needed in order to have the RPM for RH.

Not quite.  The reason I got involved in this is the lag in getting 6.5 RPM's
way back when.  As well as 6.4 and prior.  Prior to 6.5 it would have been
possible to have six months between release of a tarball and release of an
RPM, usually by Red Hat itself.

I think I was slower with 7.1.x, but that was due to a different reason.

> Good job anyway.

Well, thanks, anyway.... :-)  No, seriously, I must be doing ok if the longest
time to RPM release for the final release was just a week or so.  That's not
too bad, really.  But I do try to get closer to the release, and not farther.
And I will try to get 7.4.1 and 7.3.5 RPMs out sooner.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology
Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
1 PARI Drive
Rosman, NC  28772
(828)862-5554
www.pari.edu

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Gaetano Mendola
Дата:
Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 December 2003 06:29 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
>>Lamar Owen wrote:
>>
>>>You need to specify that you are building for Red Hat 9 on the command
>

>>I'll try.
>

> Ok.

I did it on a RHAS 2.1
and I get:

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/pl/tcl'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/pl/plperl'
i386-redhat-linux-gcc -O2 -march=i386 -mcpu=i686 -I/usr/include/et
-Wmissing-declarations, -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/CORE
-fpic -I. -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux/CORE -I../../../src/include
-D_GNU_SOURCE  -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/include/et  -c -o plperl.o
plperl.c
plperl.c: In function `plperl_create_sub':
plperl.c:306: warning: passing arg 1 of `perl_call_pv' from incompatible
pointer type
plperl.c:306: warning: passing arg 2 of `perl_call_pv' makes pointer from
integer without a cast
plperl.c:306: too few arguments to function `perl_call_pv'
plperl.c:317: `thr' undeclared (first use in this function)
plperl.c:317: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
plperl.c:317: for each function it appears in.)
plperl.c: In function `plperl_call_perl_func':
plperl.c:425: warning: passing arg 1 of `perl_call_sv' from incompatible
pointer type
plperl.c:306: warning: passing arg 2 of `perl_call_pv' makes pointer from
integer without a cast
plperl.c:306: too few arguments to function `perl_call_pv'
plperl.c:317: `thr' undeclared (first use in this function)
plperl.c:317: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
plperl.c:317: for each function it appears in.)
plperl.c: In function `plperl_call_perl_func':
plperl.c:425: warning: passing arg 1 of `perl_call_sv' from incompatible
pointer type
plperl.c:425: warning: passing arg 2 of `perl_call_sv' makes pointer from
integer without a cast
plperl.c:425: too few arguments to function `perl_call_sv'
plperl.c:437: `thr' undeclared (first use in this function)
plperl.c: In function `plperl_build_tuple_argument':
plperl.c:810: warning: passing arg 1 of `perl_eval_pv' from incompatible
pointer type
plperl.c:810: warning: passing arg 2 of `perl_eval_pv' makes pointer from
integer without a cast
plperl.c:810: too few arguments to function `perl_eval_pv'
make[3]: *** [plperl.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/pl/plperl'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src/pl'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/postgresql-7.4/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2
RPM build errors:    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.82708 (%build)

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Thursday 04 December 2003 02:29 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> I did it on a RHAS 2.1
> and I get:

For RHAS 2.1 you need to tell it that you are running Red Hat 7.x (--define
'build7x 1') Which I think disables the plperl build (but don't quote me on
that).

I'm working on making this automatic; in fact, I have delayed release of the
7.3.5 RPMset because of this.  I'd love to check it out with 7.3.5.
(however, real work keeps getting in the way today; it may be a tonight
thing, with the upload to happen tomorrow).