Обсуждение: Problem building contrib/array in current CVS

Problem building contrib/array in current CVS

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
I just (with the last half hour) grabbed a fresh copy of 7.4 from CVS
and got an error when building contrib/array:

gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic -I. -I../../src/include   -c array_iterator.c -o
array_iterator.o
array_iterator.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [array_iterator.o] Error 1

This is on a RH6.2 system.

This is the configure command I used:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --enable-integer-datetimes --with-pgport=5433

Re: Problem building contrib/array in current CVS

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 13:11:32 -0500, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to> wrote:
> I just (with the last half hour) grabbed a fresh copy of 7.4 from CVS
> and got an error when building contrib/array:
>
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic -I. -I../../src/include   -c array_iterator.c -o
array_iterator.o
> array_iterator.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [array_iterator.o] Error 1

I must have caught something in the middle of an update. I grabbed a fresh
copy a little while ago and now it builds properly.

Re: Problem building contrib/array in current CVS

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>array_iterator.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
>>make: *** [array_iterator.o] Error 1
>
> I must have caught something in the middle of an update. I grabbed a fresh
> copy a little while ago and now it builds properly.

I believe utils/fmgroids.h is a derived file. Were you building contrib
without first building Postgres?

Joe

Re: Problem building contrib/array in current CVS

Дата:
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -fpic -I. -I../../src/include   -c array_iterator.c -o
array_iterator.o
> array_iterator.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [array_iterator.o] Error 1

This suggests a failure in the src/backend/utils/Gen_fmgrtab.sh script.
In the past we've seen that happen due to missing or broken sed or awk
programs.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Problem building contrib/array in current CVS

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 13:16:29 -0700, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >>array_iterator.c:30: utils/fmgroids.h: No such file or directory
> >>make: *** [array_iterator.o] Error 1
> >
> >I must have caught something in the middle of an update. I grabbed a fresh
> >copy a little while ago and now it builds properly.
> >

> I believe utils/fmgroids.h is a derived file. Were you building contrib
> without first building Postgres?

I wasn't intending to. I might have made a mistake, but I am pretty sure
that the top level make started and that when I came back to do the make
in contrib it looked like the first make had finished normally. Maybe
I did something wrong and didn't notice it.