Обсуждение: recursive queries

recursive queries

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
What's the chances of getting recursive queries in for 7.4?

Chris

Re: recursive queries

Дата:
> What's the chances of getting recursive queries in for 7.4?

If you mean SQL99 WITH clauses, approximately zero ... unless you
had an implementation you were planning to whip out of your hip
pocket along about now.  Andrew Overholt of Red Hat has been working
on this, but is certainly not going to make the Tuesday feature-freeze
deadline.
        regards, tom lane

Re: recursive queries

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> If you mean SQL99 WITH clauses, approximately zero ... unless you
> had an implementation you were planning to whip out of your hip
> pocket along about now.  Andrew Overholt of Red Hat has been working
> on this, but is certainly not going to make the Tuesday feature-freeze
> deadline.

I was just wondering who was working on it and what the progress was...?  It
seemed to me that it must have been hacked on for quite a long time now?
Also, are we getting DB2 or Oracle syntax?

Chris

Re: recursive queries

Дата:
>> Andrew Overholt of Red Hat has been working
>> on this, but is certainly not going to make the Tuesday feature-freeze
>> deadline.

> I was just wondering who was working on it and what the progress was...?  It
> seemed to me that it must have been hacked on for quite a long time now?

Andrew's had the usual quota of corporate demands on his time :-(.
Perhaps he'll weigh in here for himself, but I had thought right along
that getting it done for 7.4 was chancy.

> Also, are we getting DB2 or Oracle syntax?

SQL99-spec is the intention.  I believe this is much closer to DB2 than
to Oracle.
        regards, tom lane

Re: recursive queries

От
Andrew Overholt
Дата:
Tom Lane once said:
> "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
> >> Andrew Overholt of Red Hat has been working
> >> on this, but is certainly not going to make the Tuesday feature-freeze
> >> deadline.
>
> > I was just wondering who was working on it and what the progress was...?  It
> > seemed to me that it must have been hacked on for quite a long time now?
>
> Andrew's had the usual quota of corporate demands on his time :-(.
> Perhaps he'll weigh in here for himself, but I had thought right along
> that getting it done for 7.4 was chancy.

Yeah, I had originally thought that I would be able to get it done, but
only sporadic development time leaves me in the usual "where was I?"-"oh
yeah"-"_this_ is what I was going to do next" time-sink and I haven't
progressed as much as I had wanted.  I had been attempting to get the
non-recursive case in before 7.4, but that's not going to happen either.
Sometime this summer for sure.  Sorry.

Andrew