Обсуждение: DBD::Pg ...

DBD::Pg ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
GBorg ...

Bruce, he mentions having tried to contact you via email, but being
unsuccessful due to your anti-spam blacklist filters :(

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
> continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
> GBorg ...

Ok. Are there plans to remove interfaces/perl5 from the CVS tree?

Cheers,

Neil

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On 22 Aug 2002, Neil Conway wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
> > continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
> > GBorg ...
>
> Ok. Are there plans to remove interfaces/perl5 from the CVS tree?

Yes ... that will be moved over to GBorg similar to libpq++ ... Bruce, can
you create a projet for that as well?  maybe call it pg-perl?

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Дата:
> > > Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
> > > continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
> > > GBorg ...
> >
> > Ok. Are there plans to remove interfaces/perl5 from the CVS tree?
>
> Yes ... that will be moved over to GBorg similar to libpq++ ... Bruce, can
> you create a projet for that as well?  maybe call it pg-perl?

Maybe it could also be left to die ? Is someone still maintaining it ?
People should really use DBD::Pg (good that it stays on CPAN).

Andreas

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 21:18:02 +0200, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD <ZeugswetterA@spardat.at> wrote:

> People should really use DBD::Pg (good that it stays on CPAN).

Why do you say that?

Pg's interface seems a bit closer to libpg's interface than DBD::Pg.
I would think that would be an advantage.

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Дата:
> > People should really use DBD::Pg (good that it stays on CPAN).
>
> Why do you say that?
>
> Pg's interface seems a bit closer to libpg's interface than DBD::Pg.
> I would think that would be an advantage.

Well libpq is very nonstandard same as interfaces/perl5. Since I like
somewhat portable code, I would allways suggest people use the more standard
interfaces, like DBD::Pg ODBC ECPG.

Andreas

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Well, can't say much to ECPG/ODBC, but I find that using DBI, period, is
easier then the perl5 interface, as it allows for creating reasonably
portable perl code ...

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD wrote:

> > > People should really use DBD::Pg (good that it stays on CPAN).
> >
> > Why do you say that?
> >
> > Pg's interface seems a bit closer to libpg's interface than DBD::Pg.
> > I would think that would be an advantage.
>
> Well libpq is very nonstandard same as interfaces/perl5. Since I like
> somewhat portable code, I would allways suggest people use the more standard
> interfaces, like DBD::Pg ODBC ECPG.
>
> Andreas

Re: DBD::Pg ...

Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
> continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
> GBorg ...

Would you please ask him if he would create a gborg project for it so he
and I can make changes, and we can have a mailing list and bug list for
it?  I think that is a good idea.   I have the code here if he wants me
to do it.

> Bruce, he mentions having tried to contact you via email, but being
> unsuccessful due to your anti-spam blacklist filters :(

That is strange.  That is the first report I have gotten that my spam
blocks are blocking anything but spam.  Do you have is address so I can
whitelist him. I see his address in the Pg:DBD README as Jeffrey W.
Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>.  I can't believe I am blocking acm.org.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: DBD::Pg ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
CC'd in ...

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
> > continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
> > GBorg ...
>
> Would you please ask him if he would create a gborg project for it so he
> and I can make changes, and we can have a mailing list and bug list for
> it?  I think that is a good idea.   I have the code here if he wants me
> to do it.
>
> > Bruce, he mentions having tried to contact you via email, but being
> > unsuccessful due to your anti-spam blacklist filters :(
>
> That is strange.  That is the first report I have gotten that my spam
> blocks are blocking anything but spam.  Do you have is address so I can
> whitelist him. I see his address in the Pg:DBD README as Jeffrey W.
> Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>.  I can't believe I am blocking acm.org.

Re: DBD::Pg ...

Дата:
Created on gborg as pgperl.

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2002, Neil Conway wrote:
>
> > "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > > Just got a note from Jeffrey on this, and he acknowledges that he is
> > > continuing to maintain DBD::Pg through CPAN, so we won't be moving it to
> > > GBorg ...
> >
> > Ok. Are there plans to remove interfaces/perl5 from the CVS tree?
>
> Yes ... that will be moved over to GBorg similar to libpq++ ... Bruce, can
> you create a projet for that as well?  maybe call it pg-perl?

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Pennsylvania19073

Re: DBD::Pg ...

Дата:
Jeffrey, I have several Perl:DBD patches my mailbox that I have
accumulated over the years that never made it over to Edmund or
yourself.  Would you like them?

Also, would you consider creating a Pg:DBD project on
http://gborg.postgresql.org.  We are trying to get all the PostgreSQL
interfaces on that site.  It doesn't prevent you from distributing via
CPAN as well, it just gives Pg:DBD more visibility, plus a mailing list
and bug database, if that would be helpful.

If it would be helpful, I can create the project on there and make you
an administrator.