Обсуждение: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
"Iavor Raytchev"
Дата:
Hello,

As of today, a Bugzilla has been made available at -

bugzilla.pgaccess.org

This is a pretty straight forward installation of Bugzilla 2.14.2

It is currently empty. There are even no components so the first bug
submissions can be either request for components or have to wait a few days.

As we do not have much experience setting Bugzila for open source project
(we use it for internal projects - with groups and permissions), all
comments are welcome.

Iavor

--
Iavor Raytchev
very small technologies (a company of CEE Solutions)

in case of emergency -
      call: + 43 676 639 46 49
or write to: support@verysmall.org

www.verysmall.org

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Iavor Raytchev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As of today, a Bugzilla has been made available at -
>
> bugzilla.pgaccess.org
>
> This is a pretty straight forward installation of Bugzilla 2.14.2
>
> It is currently empty. There are even no components so the first bug
> submissions can be either request for components or have to wait a few days.
>
> As we do not have much experience setting Bugzila for open source project
> (we use it for internal projects - with groups and permissions), all
> comments are welcome.

Just out of curiosity, what database is backing it?

If it isn't PostgreSQL, what about using PHP BugTracker instead? That
runs on top of PostgreSQL.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbt/

Jan

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
"Ned Lilly"
> > As of today, a Bugzilla has been made available at -
> >
> > bugzilla.pgaccess.org
> >
> > This is a pretty straight forward installation of Bugzilla 2.14.2
> >
> > It is currently empty. There are even no components so the first bug
> > submissions can be either request for components or have to wait a few days.
> >
> > As we do not have much experience setting Bugzila for open source project
> > (we use it for internal projects - with groups and permissions), all
> > comments are welcome.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what database is backing it?
>
> If it isn't PostgreSQL, what about using PHP BugTracker instead? That
> runs on top of PostgreSQL.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbt/
>

> Jan

Or Gborg... ;-)

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/gborg/projdisplay.php

Cheers,
Ned

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
"Iavor Raytchev"
Дата:
> > Just out of curiosity, what database is backing it?
> >
> > If it isn't PostgreSQL, what about using PHP BugTracker instead? That
> > runs on top of PostgreSQL.
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbt/
> >

> > Jan
>

> Or Gborg... ;-)
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/gborg/projdisplay.php
>
> Cheers,
> Ned

Any other suggestions?

Iavor

Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
"Iavor Raytchev"
Дата:
Josh Berkus said:
> Iavor,
>
>> Any other suggestions?
>
> I can tell you from experience that Double-Choco-Latte, another
> PHP/PostgreSQL tool, is really set up just for single projects.  So it
> would work fine for PGAccess-only.   However, DCL has its own problems
> and is not necessarily better than Mozilla; I personally don't think
> it's worth switching tools just to eat our own dogfood if we don't gain
> some functionality in the process.
>
> I'd love to re-write one of these tools someday; they all have ghastly
> UI problems.   Right.   Just after I do the accounting program, and get
> caught up on my tax filing, and re-paint the bathroom ...

Thanks, Josh. This was the answer I wanted to hear.

> The one thing that really "bugs" me about Mozilla/Issuezilla is that,
> if you click the link on an issue e-mail, you don't get automatically
> logged in, forcing you to search for the bug a second time if you want
> to commment or close the issue.  Grrr.  Also there's no option *not* to
> get the darned e-mails for people who check the web interface
> regularly.

What don't you try bugzilla.bugzilla.org or something like that :)

I mean - the guys at Mozilla have made a great product using Bugzilla. I
would be happy if we bring pgaccess at least to the level of Mozilla. Then
we can talk about changing the bug tracking system. Agreed?

Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 21:49, Iavor Raytchev wrote:
> Josh Berkus said:
> > Iavor,
> >
> >> Any other suggestions?
> >
> > I can tell you from experience that Double-Choco-Latte, another
> > PHP/PostgreSQL tool, is really set up just for single projects.  So it
> > would work fine for PGAccess-only.   However, DCL has its own problems
> > and is not necessarily better than Mozilla; I personally don't think
> > it's worth switching tools just to eat our own dogfood if we don't gain
> > some functionality in the process.

Still we could use the bugzilla variant that uses PostgreSQL for its DB.

You can download it from the link uder the perl seal on the page
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

It points to ftp://people.redhat.com/dkl where are variants for mysql,
oracle and postgresql.

The only thing you have to do after install is changing the first lines
of scripts as they currently ppoint to #!/usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl which
you may not have ;)

---------------
Hannu

Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
"Josh Berkus"
Дата:
Iavor,

> Any other suggestions?

I can tell you from experience that Double-Choco-Latte, another
PHP/PostgreSQL tool, is really set up just for single projects.  So it
would work fine for PGAccess-only.   However, DCL has its own problems
and is not necessarily better than Mozilla; I personally don't think
it's worth switching tools just to eat our own dogfood if we don't gain
some functionality in the process.

I'd love to re-write one of these tools someday; they all have ghastly
UI problems.   Right.   Just after I do the accounting program, and get
caught up on my tax filing, and re-paint the bathroom ...

The one thing that really "bugs" me about Mozilla/Issuezilla is that,
if you click the link on an issue e-mail, you don't get automatically
logged in, forcing you to search for the bug a second time if you want
to commment or close the issue.  Grrr.  Also there's no option *not* to
get the darned e-mails for people who check the web interface
regularly.

-Josh

inflating lists

От
"Iavor Raytchev"
Дата:
Hello everybody,

I want to apologise for inflating all lists (as Chris noticed) with
insignificant discussions. I would like to invite all pgaccess involved
people to restrict their postings to developers@pgaccess.org, unless there
is a good reason for doing it differently.

Thanks,

Iavor

PS I get the impression that some of the lists repeat the messages more than
once and sometimes with a delay... or there is something wrong with my
filters...

Re: inflating lists

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Iavor Raytchev wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to apologise for inflating all lists (as Chris noticed) with
> insignificant discussions. I would like to invite all pgaccess involved
> people to restrict their postings to developers@pgaccess.org, unless there
> is a good reason for doing it differently.

I am not subscribed to that list. So you would've missed my 2 cents.

Jan

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Iavor Raytchev wrote:

> > How hard will the migration from MySQLzilla to PostgreSQLzilla be ?
>
> Is this a rhetoric question?
>
> I have no idea.
>
> A posting I saw (by one of the Bugzilla guys, I think) required something to
> be done in PostgreSQL before they can migrate - something exactly related to
> the issue of upgrading from one Bugzilla version to another.

I have included pgsql-hackers again, where this discussion originally
started crossposted.

Hannu's question is absolutely not rhetoric. I see a concern about using
a MySQL based tool for PostgreSQL related project management on a public
site in it.

The Bugzilla project plans to support PostgreSQL in one of their future
releases, but this requires functionality in PostgreSQL, that is not
even scheduled for 7.3. So the availability of a supported PostgreSQL
port of Bugzilla is unpredictable at this time.

My opinion is that a project as closely related to PostgreSQL as
pgaccess should try to use PostgreSQL backed management tools. The
switch to PHP BugTracker or something else at this time would be
easiest, since the Bugzilla installation on pgaccess.org is virgin and
does not contain any data yet.

This is reason why I suggested that switch when you asked for comments
originally. And I have not yet seen any argument against it, nor any
reason why to start off with a MySQL based Bugzilla version now.
Especially when there are equivalent solutions using PostgreSQL
available.

Jan

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> The Bugzilla project plans to support PostgreSQL in one of their future
> releases, but this requires functionality in PostgreSQL, that is not
> even scheduled for 7.3. So the availability of a supported PostgreSQL
> port of Bugzilla is unpredictable at this time.

I think he said that they needed DROP COLUMN functionality, which is being
worked on for 7.3.  (Although I haven't had time to work on it for a few
days)

Chris

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> > The Bugzilla project plans to support PostgreSQL in one of their future
> > releases, but this requires functionality in PostgreSQL, that is not
> > even scheduled for 7.3. So the availability of a supported PostgreSQL
> > port of Bugzilla is unpredictable at this time.
>
> I think he said that they needed DROP COLUMN functionality, which is being
> worked on for 7.3.  (Although I haven't had time to work on it for a few
> days)

DROP COLUMN is the one we might solve in 7.3. ALTER COLUMN ...
TYPE was mentioned too and I don't know when or how we will have
that one.

REPLACE INTO is one more. Though you can work around it. If you
setup a BEFORE INSERT trigger, in which you do a table lock, then
try to UPDATE an existing row with NEW's key. If that succeeds,
you return NULL, suppressing the INSERT. If it fails, you return
NEW letting the INSERT happen. The table lock (what Bradley
called "heavy locking") is required because otherwise someone can
sneak in between your update attempt and letting the INSERT
happen, getting exactly the same result and ... boom, duplicate
key error.

Jan

# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being
right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive
me.                                  #
#==================================================
JanWieck@Yahoo.com #

Re: bugzilla.pgaccess.org

Jan Wieck wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >
> > > The Bugzilla project plans to support PostgreSQL in one of their future
> > > releases, but this requires functionality in PostgreSQL, that is not
> > > even scheduled for 7.3. So the availability of a supported PostgreSQL
> > > port of Bugzilla is unpredictable at this time.
> >
> > I think he said that they needed DROP COLUMN functionality, which is being
> > worked on for 7.3.  (Although I haven't had time to work on it for a few
> > days)
>
> DROP COLUMN is the one we might solve in 7.3. ALTER COLUMN ...
> TYPE was mentioned too and I don't know when or how we will have
> that one.

Christopher plans to work on that when he is done DROP COLUMN.

Pennsylvania19026

Can I have multiple cursors open ...

От
Jim Parker
Дата:
.. inside of each other using ECPG ?

I have a situation where it would be advantages to open a cursor, retrieve
a tuple, then open another query based on the results of the first.  Then
when that query has been processed return to the first query and get the
second tuple.

Is this possible ?

cheers,
Jim Parker

Re: Can I have multiple cursors open ...

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Is this possible ?