Обсуждение: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
This will most likely screw some ppl up, and fix others ...

CVSROOT has now moved to the new machine, finally ... and I've cleaned up
pathing ... and CVS_RSH=ssh now works again too ...

So, now CVSROOT is accessible as:

:pserver:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot

-or-

:ext:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot
- where CVS_RSH is set to ssh

Now, I don't imagine it being *that* simple to move it over, so please let
me know if anyone sees any errors on commits or stuff like that ...

For those with already checked out repositories, from everything I've
read, all you have to do is change the value of the CVS/Root file to point
to the new Root ...

This, I'm also figuring, is going to fix the email's going out as me for
-committers ...

anoncvs.postgresql.org is going to be out of sync until, most likely,
tomorrow, for anyone trying to use that ... anoncvs is *no longer*
available through the main cvs repository either ...

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Serguei Mokhov"
> Now, I don't imagine it being *that* simple to move it over, so please let
> me know if anyone sees any errors on commits or stuff like that ...

CVSweb seems to be screwed up.
It gives an error:

------------8<------------
Error
Error: $CVSROOT not found!
The server on which the CVS tree lives is probably down. Please try again in a few minutes.
------------8<------------

when I access it with my browser.

Serguei

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
CVSWeb is going to be broken for a day or two, while Vince and I work out
some issues as regards moving the main www site over to the same server
... but thanks for pointing it out, as I hadn't thought about it ..

On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Serguei Mokhov wrote:

> [...]

Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier writes:

> Now, I don't imagine it being *that* simple to move it over, so please let
> me know if anyone sees any errors on commits or stuff like that ...

cvs commit...
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for \   `/cvsroot/pgsql/doc/src/sgml'
(/cvsroot/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/#cvs.lock):\   Permission denied

cvs server: lock failed - giving up
cvs [server aborted]: lock failed - giving up

> For those with already checked out repositories, from everything I've
> read, all you have to do is change the value of the CVS/Root file to point
> to the new Root ...

CVS/Repository as well.

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Serguei Mokhov"
> CVSWeb is going to be broken for a day or two, while Vince and I work out
> some issues as regards moving the main www site over to the same server
> ... but thanks for pointing it out, as I hadn't thought about it ..

It's just because the web interface is the only way for me for now
I can access the CVS repository. Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed the problem
most likely...

Serguei

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier writes:
>
> > Now, I don't imagine it being *that* simple to move it over, so please let
> > me know if anyone sees any errors on commits or stuff like that ...
>
> cvs commit
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for \
>     `/cvsroot/pgsql/doc/src/sgml' (/cvsroot/pgsql/doc/src/sgml/#cvs.lock): \
>     Permission denied
> cvs server: lock failed - giving up
> cvs [server aborted]: lock failed - giving up

Okay, everything looks well to me on the server itself ... first stupid
question, what is the IP of cvs.postgresql.org for you?  it should be
85.28, but you might still have the old one cached ...

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

Дата:
>> For those with already checked out repositories, from everything I've
>> read, all you have to do is change the value of the CVS/Root file to point
>> to the new Root ...

> CVS/Repository as well.

Wouldn't you have to apply this change in *every* /CVS subdirectory of
the tree?  A fresh checkout seems easier.

However, I find that the permissions problem stymies a checkout too...
and yes, my DNS cache is up to date:

$ nslookup cvs.postgresql.org
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    mail.postgresql.org
Address:  216.126.85.28
Aliases:  cvs.postgresql.org
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane writes:

> Wouldn't you have to apply this change in *every* /CVS subdirectory of
> the tree?  A fresh checkout seems easier.

I just ran this on my tree:

find -name Root -exec perl -pi -e
's,:pserver:([a-z]+)\@postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot,:pserver:\1\@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot,''{}' ';'

find -name Repository -exec perl -pi -e 's,/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/(.*),/cvsroot/\1,' '{}' ';'

and it looks like it didn't botch.

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Thus spake Marc G. Fournier
> This will most likely screw some ppl up, and fix others ...
>
> CVSROOT has now moved to the new machine, finally ... and I've cleaned up
> pathing ... and CVS_RSH=ssh now works again too ...
>
> So, now CVSROOT is accessible as:
>
> :pserver:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot
>
> -or-
>
> :ext:<userid>@cvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot
>
>     - where CVS_RSH is set to ssh

None of this helps me.  I still can't get into that system.  Can you
please check this and get me back in.  If I can't get in I will have
to move PyGreSQL back to my own CVS repository and I think it is good
for both projects to leave it where it is.  Will you be in today?  I
can call you later to discuss this and hopefully resolve it.

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
Gunnar Rønning
Дата:
* "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

| anoncvs.postgresql.org is going to be out of sync until, most likely,
| tomorrow, for anyone trying to use that ... anoncvs is *no longer*
| available through the main cvs repository either ...

Is anoncvs.postgresql.org working yet ?

I just tried :

# cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot login

and

# cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot login

with "postgresql" as password. In both cases the response was this :

cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server anoncvs.postgresql.org rejected access

regards,
       Gunnar

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
can you ssh into cvs.postgresql.org?

:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot

On 18 Sep 2001, Gunnar [iso-8859-1] R�nning wrote:

> * "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> |
> | anoncvs.postgresql.org is going to be out of sync until, most likely,
> | tomorrow, for anyone trying to use that ... anoncvs is *no longer*
> | available through the main cvs repository either ...
>
> Is anoncvs.postgresql.org working yet ?
>
> I just tried :
>
> # cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot login
>
> and
>
> # cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/cvsroot login
>
> with "postgresql" as password. In both cases the response was this :
>

> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server anoncvs.postgresql.org rejected access
>
> regards,
>
>         Gunnar
>
> --
> Gunnar R�nning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
> Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
Patrick Welche
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 10:14:44AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot

While trying a cvs update, I get

? ChangeLogs/libecpg.so.3.1.1
? ChangeLogs/HTML
? ChangeLogs/GTAGS
? ChangeLogs/GPATH
? ChangeLogs/GRTAGS
? ChangeLogs/GSYMS
? ChangeLogs/libpqpp.h
cannot create_adm_p /tmp/cvs-serv27285/ChangeLogs

Cheers,

Patrick

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Thus spake Marc G. Fournier
> can you ssh into cvs.postgresql.org?

Yes!  I could not do that before.  Did you fix something?

I will be sending some PyGreSQL changes over shortly.  Thanks.

Case sensitive file names

От
Peter Bierman
Дата:
While checking out TOT pgsql today onto an HFS+ file system (case-preserving, case-insensitive), I hit the following
CVSconflict:

pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_ALT.map

HFS+ can not store two differerent files in a path that differs only by case.

Mac OS X users will be grateful if you can find a way to rename one of these files.

-pmb

Re: Case sensitive file names

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Peter Bierman writes:

> While checking out TOT pgsql today onto an HFS+ file system (case-preserving, case-insensitive), I hit the following
CVSconflict:

> pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_ALT.map
>
> HFS+ can not store two differerent files in a path that differs only by case.

Remove both of these files and update again.  The files were recently
renamed to have a consistent case-ness.

Re: Case sensitive file names

От
"Serguei Mokhov"
> While checking out TOT pgsql today onto an HFS+ file system (case-preserving, case-insensitive), I hit the following
CVSconflict:

> pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_ALT.map

I thought the latter was supposed to go (it was supposed to be renamed to the former, wasn't it?)

S.

Re: Case sensitive file names

От
Peter Bierman
Дата:
At 10:47 PM +0200 9/19/01, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Peter Bierman writes:
>
>> While checking out TOT pgsql today onto an HFS+ file system (case-preserving, case-insensitive), I hit the following
CVSconflict:

>> pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_alt.map pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/utf8_to_ALT.map
>>
>> HFS+ can not store two differerent files in a path that differs only by case.
>
>Remove both of these files and update again.  The files were recently
>renamed to have a consistent case-ness.

This was from an anoncvs HEAD/TOT checkout I did into an empty directory less than an hour ago.

If it's already been fixed (yay!), the fix isn't at anoncvs yet.

-pmb

CVS vs anoncvs (was Re: Case sensitive file names)

Дата:
Peter Bierman <bierman@apple.com> writes:
> If it's already been fixed (yay!), the fix isn't at anoncvs yet.

I think there is some lag between the master CVS and anoncvs now.
Marc, is that correct?  How much lag?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Marc G. Fournier
> > can you ssh into cvs.postgresql.org?
>
> Yes!  I could not do that before.  Did you fix something?

Nope :(

Re: Major change to CVS effective immediately ...

От
darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain)
Дата:
Thus spake Marc G. Fournier
> > > can you ssh into cvs.postgresql.org?
> >
> > Yes!  I could not do that before.  Did you fix something?
>
> Nope :(

Just weird.  Oh well.  All's well, etc.