Обсуждение: AW: [HACKERS] freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?

AW: [HACKERS] freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?

От
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Дата:
> > (In the same spirit it would also be nice to tag NOT_USED
> sections with a
> > version number, so it could be yanked two or three releases past.)
>
> Why not just yank it period?  'cvs diff' will show what was
> yanked, and
> the log message could say just 'yanked NOT_USED code from
> source tree'...

Once GetAttributeBy[Num|Name] was yanked, because it was not referenced
inside the code. It is heavily used in extensions though.

For me it was relatively easy to find the problem, because it was ifdef'd
NOT_USED.
I am not sure if I had found it that easily, if the "old" code would have
only been in cvs.

Andreas

Re: AW: [HACKERS] freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

> > > (In the same spirit it would also be nice to tag NOT_USED
> > sections with a
> > > version number, so it could be yanked two or three releases past.)
> >
> > Why not just yank it period?  'cvs diff' will show what was
> > yanked, and
> > the log message could say just 'yanked NOT_USED code from
> > source tree'...
>
> Once GetAttributeBy[Num|Name] was yanked, because it was not referenced
> inside the code. It is heavily used in extensions though.
>
> For me it was relatively easy to find the problem, because it was ifdef'd
> NOT_USED.
> I am not sure if I had found it that easily, if the "old" code would have
> only been in cvs.

Maybe date/release stamp a NOT_USED and if after X releases, yank it as
not being relevant ... at least in cases like this ...