AW: [HACKERS] freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: [HACKERS] freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > (In the same spirit it would also be nice to tag NOT_USED
> sections with a
> > version number, so it could be yanked two or three releases past.)
>
> Why not just yank it period?  'cvs diff' will show what was
> yanked, and
> the log message could say just 'yanked NOT_USED code from
> source tree'...

Once GetAttributeBy[Num|Name] was yanked, because it was not referenced
inside the code. It is heavily used in extensions though.

For me it was relatively easy to find the problem, because it was ifdef'd
NOT_USED.
I am not sure if I had found it that easily, if the "old" code would have
only been in cvs.

Andreas

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PCLabs Survey, Part VII: Embedded Database / Branch Office Support
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] PCLabs Survey, Part VII: Embedded Database / Branch Office Support