Обсуждение: bison

bison

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
You might want to include into the installation instructions (or whereever
it will end up) that GNU bison 1.25 is required. (right after the flex
stuff)

I have encountered problems in particular with the ecpg interface where
the Solaris yacc generated syntactically messed-up C code and bison 1.24
couldn't even process one of the .y files. (In case the ecpg maintainer is
unaware of this, let me know and I'll try to get a full problem
description. This happened with the CVS sources of today.)

This is just in addition to other problems that pop up once in a while
with vendor-supplied yaccs on the actual backend parser, I think.

    -Peter

Re: [HACKERS] bison

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> You might want to include into the installation instructions (or whereever
> it will end up) that GNU bison 1.25 is required. (right after the flex
> stuff)

We haven't been careful about building and shipping the bison output
in the tarball distribution, as we have for the main parser. It just
needs someone to look at it, as well as look at Jan's backend
languages which suffer from the same symptom as I recall...

                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] bison

Дата:
>> You might want to include into the installation instructions (or whereever
>> it will end up) that GNU bison 1.25 is required. (right after the flex
>> stuff)

> We haven't been careful about building and shipping the bison output
> in the tarball distribution, as we have for the main parser.

Huh?  src/tools/release_prep automatically builds both the main parser
and ecpg bison output files.  Is there other stuff it should be
handling too?

            regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] bison

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> >> You might want to include into the installation instructions (or whereever
> >> it will end up) that GNU bison 1.25 is required. (right after the flex
> >> stuff)
> > We haven't been careful about building and shipping the bison output
> > in the tarball distribution, as we have for the main parser.
> Huh?  src/tools/release_prep automatically builds both the main parser
> and ecpg bison output files.  Is there other stuff it should be
> handling too?

afaik some of Jan's language stuff uses yacc also...

                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] bison

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)

> > > We haven't been careful about building and shipping the bison output
> > > in the tarball distribution, as we have for the main parser.
> > Huh?  src/tools/release_prep automatically builds both the main parser
> > and ecpg bison output files.  Is there other stuff it should be
> > handling too?
>
> afaik some of Jan's language stuff uses yacc also...

    Yepp   -   PL/pgSQL   has   it's   own  scanner/parser  (i.e.
    flex/bison). The  tricky  part  in  this  case  is  that  the
    languages  object  file  will  be  loaded at runtime into the
    backend, where the main scanner/parser  is  already  present.
    Thus  I'm  mangling with sed(1) over the generated sources to
    avoid global symbol conflicts.

Jan