Обсуждение: More postmaster troubles

More postmaster troubles

От
"Daryl W. Dunbar"
Дата:
Hello again,

Thanks again to those who pointed me to the semaphore problem.  I,
unfortunately have another problem:

Solaris7 on a Sparc20 running 6.4.2.  Occasionally (once or twice a
day) under a very light load, brain-dead child processes begin to
accumulate in my system.  If left unchecked, eventually the parent
process runs out of resources and dies, orphaning all the lost
processes.  (Now that I have solved the semaphore error, it appears
to be the backend limit of 64 processes.)

Here is a snapshot of truss on some of the processes:
# truss -p 5879
semop(259915776, 0xEFFFC560, 1) (sleeping...)
# truss -p 5912
semop(259915776, 0xEFFFC190, 1) (sleeping...)
# truss -p 5915
semop(259915776, 0xEFFFC190, 1) (sleeping...)
# truss -p 5931
semop(259915776, 0xEFFFC280, 1) (sleeping...)
# truss -p 5926
semop(259915776, 0xEFFFC280, 1) (sleeping...)

They all appear to be waiting on a semaphore operation which
apparently never happens.  The number of stalled processes grows
rapidly (it has gone from 12 to 21 while I wrote this e-mail).

The stalled processes all started between 6:57am PST and 7:18am PST,