RE: [HACKERS] More postmaster troubles

От Daryl W. Dunbar
Тема RE: [HACKERS] More postmaster troubles
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

I have to date experienced the problem only with MaxBackendId set to
64.  Today I installed a version of the code with it set to 128
(just picked that number out of luck, but would like to get it
higher).  By the way, I had to tune the kernel to allow me to
increase MaxBackendId, this time in shared memory (SHMMAX).

As for the clients, they are web users via mod_perl/DBI/DBD:Pg.  It
is possible that the user is hitting the stop button right at a time
which hangs the connection (backend), but I have been unable to
reproduce that so far.  That was my first thought on this problem.
The fact that it apparently spirals is disturbing, I highly doubt
there is a user out there hitting the stop key 64 times in a row. :)

Thanks for your help,

DwD