Обсуждение: TIME QUALIFICATION

TIME QUALIFICATION

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
It's time,

    as  we've seen on the recent question, the time qualification
    code has to be modified again. I think a little extension  to
    Vadim's  SnapshotData could do the trick. Following is what I
    so far have in mind to  support  deferred  queries  later  in
    v6.6.

    1.  Add  a  command counter field to the SnapshotData struct.
        The command counter in the snapshot is that used in  heap
        scanning instead of the global command counter.

    3.  Add  QueryID fields to the querytree and rangetable entry
        structures.

    3.  Create  a  new  global  memory  context  "Snapshot".  The
        lifetime  of  this  memory context is one transaction (at
        every transaction end/abort an AllocSetReset() is  issued
        on it).

    4.  Create  a  new  internal  counter,  the QueryCounter. The
        counter is also  reset  between  transactions.  At  parse
        time,  the query and all it's initial RTE's get the same,
        new QueryCounter. When  the  rule  system  generates  new
        queries,  only the RTE's coming with the rule (except NEW
        and OLD) get the QueryId of the  new  query.  All  others
        remain  as  they  are.  For every QueryId an entry in the
        "Snapshot" context is created, which holds the number  of
        RTE's  using  this  snapshot.  RTE's in different queries
        (copied by rules) count multipe.

    5.  On ExecutorStart(),  the  actual  QuerySnapshot  data  is
        copied  into the "Snapshot" context and held in the array
        of Snapshot pointers.  The CommandId of the  snapshot  it
        set to the current command ID.

    6.  The    executor    uses    the    saved    snapshots   on
        heap_beginscan(). The RTE's QueryID tells, which  of  the
        snapshots to use. This way, every Scan node in a plan can
        have a different snapshot and  command  ID.  So  we  have
        different visibilities in one query execution.

    7.  On  ExecutorEnd()  the  snapshot's  reference  counts  is
        decremented and unused snapshot's thrown away.

    In  v6.6  we  could  also  implement  the   suggested   named
    snapshots.   This  only  requires  that  a  query  Id  can be
    associated with a name.  The CREATE SNAPSHOT utilities  query
    Id is that of the snapshot and during parse this Id is placed
    into  the  RTE's.  Named  snapshots  are  never  freed  until
    transaction end or FREE SNAPSHOT.

    This  should  be  the  core functionality that makes deferred
    queries possible at all. And it must solve the  problem  with
    the  portal  where  inserts/updates inside the fetch loop get
    visible too. Since the  portals  heapgettup()  will  use  the
    command counter from the CREATE CURSOR instead of the current
    command counter, the portal will not see  them.   The  portal
    will  see  the database exactly in the state at CREATE CURSOR
    time. But another SELECT issued after an UPDATE in  the  same
    transaction will, as it is supposed to.

    Have I forgotten something?

    Vadim, please comment on this.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION

От
Vadim Mikheev
Jan Wieck wrote:

>     1.  Add  a  command counter field to the SnapshotData struct.
>         The command counter in the snapshot is that used in  heap
>         scanning instead of the global command counter.

Ok. For the SnapshotNow and SnapshotSelf, used in catalog scans,
global command counter will be used, as now.

>     3.  Add  QueryID fields to the querytree and rangetable entry
>         structures.
>
>     3.  Create  a  new  global  memory  context  "Snapshot".  The
>         lifetime  of  this  memory context is one transaction (at
>         every transaction end/abort an AllocSetReset() is  issued
>         on it).
>
>     4.  Create  a  new  internal  counter,  the QueryCounter. The
>         counter is also  reset  between  transactions.  At  parse
>         time,  the query and all it's initial RTE's get the same,
>         new QueryCounter. When  the  rule  system  generates  new
>         queries,  only the RTE's coming with the rule (except NEW
>         and OLD) get the QueryId of the  new  query.  All  others
>         remain  as  they  are.  For every QueryId an entry in the
>         "Snapshot" context is created, which holds the number  of
>         RTE's  using  this  snapshot.  RTE's in different queries
>         (copied by rules) count multipe.
>
>     5.  On ExecutorStart(),  the  actual  QuerySnapshot  data  is
>         copied  into the "Snapshot" context and held in the array
>         of Snapshot pointers.  The CommandId of the  snapshot  it
>         set to the current command ID.
>
>     6.  The    executor    uses    the    saved    snapshots   on
>         heap_beginscan(). The RTE's QueryID tells, which  of  the
>         snapshots to use. This way, every Scan node in a plan can
>         have a different snapshot and  command  ID.  So  we  have
>         different visibilities in one query execution.
>
>     7.  On  ExecutorEnd()  the  snapshot's  reference  counts  is
>         decremented and unused snapshot's thrown away.

It seems too complex to me. I again propose to use refcount
inside snapshot itself to prevent free-ing of snapshots.
Benefits: no copying in Executor, no QueryId --> Snapshot
lookup. Just add pointer to RTE. Parser will put NULL there:
as flag that current snapshot has to be used. ExecutorStart
and deffered rules will increment refcount of current snapshot.
Deffered rules will also set snapshot pointers of appropriate
RTEs (to the current snapshot).

>     In  v6.6  we  could  also  implement  the   suggested   named
>     snapshots.   This  only  requires  that  a  query  Id  can be
>     associated with a name.  The CREATE SNAPSHOT utilities  query
>     Id is that of the snapshot and during parse this Id is placed                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Snapshot names have to be resolved by Executor or just before
execution: someday we'll implement stored procedures/functions:
no parsing before execution...
We could add bool to RTE: use name from snapshot pointer
to get real snapshot. Or something like this.

>     into  the  RTE's.  Named  snapshots  are  never  freed  until
>     transaction end or FREE SNAPSHOT.
>
>     This  should  be  the  core functionality that makes deferred
>     queries possible at all. And it must solve the  problem  with
>     the  portal  where  inserts/updates inside the fetch loop get
>     visible too. Since the  portals  heapgettup()  will  use  the
>     command counter from the CREATE CURSOR instead of the current
>     command counter, the portal will not see  them.   The  portal
>     will  see  the database exactly in the state at CREATE CURSOR
>     time. But another SELECT issued after an UPDATE in  the  same
>     transaction will, as it is supposed to.

Nice.

Vadim

Vadim wrote:

> It seems too complex to me. I again propose to use refcount
> inside snapshot itself to prevent free-ing of snapshots.
> Benefits: no copying in Executor, no QueryId --> Snapshot
> lookup. Just add pointer to RTE. Parser will put NULL there:
> as flag that current snapshot has to be used. ExecutorStart
> and deffered rules will increment refcount of current snapshot.
> Deffered rules will also set snapshot pointers of appropriate
> RTEs (to the current snapshot).

    Yes,  the  parser  could  allways  put  NULL  into  the RTE's
    snapshot name field (or the name later for named  snapshots).
    But  it's  the  rewrite  system  that has to tell for unnamed
    snapshots, which ones have to be used on which RTE's.

    Let's have two simple tables with a rule (and assume  in  the
    following that snapshot includes scan command Id):

        create table t1 (a int4);
        create table t2 (b int4);

        create rule r1 as on delete to t1
            do delete from t2 where b = old.a;

    We execute the following commands:

        begin;
        delete from t1 where a = 5;
        insert into t2 values (5);
        commit;

    If 5 is in t2 after commit depends on if the rule is deferred
    or not.  If it isn't deferred, 5 should be  there,  otherwise
    not.

    The rule will create a parsetree like this:

        delete from t2 where t1.a = 5 and b = t1.a;

    So the tree has a rangetable containing t2 and t1 (along with
    some other unused entries). But only the rule  system  knows,
    that  the  RTE  for t2 came from the rule and must be scanned
    with the visibility of commit time while  t1  came  from  the
    original  query  and must be scanned with the visibility that
    was when the original delete from t1 was executed  (they  are
    already deleted, but the rule actions scan must find em).

    And  there  could  also be rules fired on t2. This results in
    recursive rewriting and it's not that  easy  to  foresee  the
    order  in  which  all  these commands will then get executed.
    During recursion there is no  difference  between  a  command
    coming  from  the  user  and one that is already generated by
    another rule.

    The problem here is, that the RTE's in a rule generated query
    resulting  from the former command (that fired them) must get
    scanned against the snapshot of  the  time  when  the  former
    command  get's  executed.  But the RTE's coming from the rule
    action itself must get the snapshot when the rules command is
    executed.  Only this way the quals added to the rule from the
    former command will see what the former command saw.

    The executor cannot know where all  the  RTE's  where  coming
    from. Except we have a QueryId and associate the QueryId with
    a snapshot at the time of execution. And I think we  must  do
    this lookup, because the order commands are executed will not
    be the same as they got created.  The executor  only  has  to
    override  the RTE's snapshot if the RTE's snapshot name isn't
    NULL.

> >     In  v6.6  we  could  also  implement  the   suggested   named
> >     snapshots.   This  only  requires  that  a  query  Id  can be
> >     associated with a name.  The CREATE SNAPSHOT utilities  query
> >     Id is that of the snapshot and during parse this Id is placed
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Snapshot names have to be resolved by Executor or just before
> execution: someday we'll implement stored procedures/functions:
> no parsing before execution...
> We could add bool to RTE: use name from snapshot pointer
> to get real snapshot. Or something like this.

    That's a point I forgot and I will allready have that problem
    in  prepared  SPI  plans. One SPI query could also fire rules
    resulting in multiple plans.

    So I must change it. The parser rewrite combo  allways  put's
    QueryId's  starting  with 0 into the queries and their RTE's,
    telling which RTE's belong to which queries execution  times.
    And  these  must  then  be offset when the plans get actually
    added to either  the  current  execution  tree  list  or  the
    deferred execution tree list.

    And  SPI  must  know  about  deferred  queries,  because  for
    prepared plans, one must get deferred for  every  SPI_execp()
    call.  It's not the rewriter who's managing the deferred tree
    list. It must be it's caller. So the deferred information  is
    part of the querytree.

    Better now, thanks Vadim.

Jan Wieck wrote:

> Vadim wrote:
>
> > It seems too complex to me. I again propose to use refcount
> > inside snapshot itself to prevent free-ing of snapshots.
> > Benefits: no copying in Executor, no QueryId --> Snapshot
> > lookup. Just add pointer to RTE. Parser will put NULL there:
> > as flag that current snapshot has to be used. ExecutorStart                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Note: "current" here is "when actual execution will start", not
"when query was parsed/rewritten". ExecutorStart will substitute
QuerySnapshot for NULL snapshot pointers.

> > and deffered rules will increment refcount of current snapshot.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I.e. - QuerySnapshot - as it was when rewriting/execution starts.

Sorry, I think that my explanation was bad, hope to fix this -:)

> > Deffered rules will also set snapshot pointers of appropriate
> > RTEs (to the current snapshot).
>
>     Yes,  the  parser  could  allways  put  NULL  into  the RTE's
>     snapshot name field (or the name later for named  snapshots).
>     But  it's  the  rewrite  system  that has to tell for unnamed
>     snapshots, which ones have to be used on which RTE's.

Of course!

>     Let's have two simple tables with a rule (and assume  in  the
>     following that snapshot includes scan command Id):
>
>         create table t1 (a int4);
>         create table t2 (b int4);
>
>         create rule r1 as on delete to t1
>             do delete from t2 where b = old.a;
>
>     We execute the following commands:
>
>         begin;
>         delete from t1 where a = 5;
>         insert into t2 values (5);
>         commit;
>
>     If 5 is in t2 after commit depends on if the rule is deferred
>     or not.  If it isn't deferred, 5 should be  there,  otherwise
>     not.
>
>     The rule will create a parsetree like this:
>
>         delete from t2 where t1.a = 5 and b = t1.a;
>
>     So the tree has a rangetable containing t2 and t1 (along with
>     some other unused entries). But only the rule  system  knows,
>     that  the  RTE  for t2 came from the rule and must be scanned
>     with the visibility of commit time while  t1  came  from  the
>     original  query  and must be scanned with the visibility that
>     was when the original delete from t1 was executed  (they  are
>     already deleted, but the rule actions scan must find em).

And so for deffered rules rewrite system will:

1. set t2' RTE snapshot pointer to NULL - this will guarantee  that snapshot of execution time (commit or set immediate
time) will be used;

2. set t1' RTE snapshot pointer to current QuerySnapshot   (and increment its refcount).

>     And  there  could  also be rules fired on t2. This results in
>     recursive rewriting and it's not that  easy  to  foresee  the
>     order  in  which  all  these commands will then get executed.
>     During recursion there is no  difference  between  a  command
>     coming  from  the  user  and one that is already generated by
>     another rule.
>
>     The problem here is, that the RTE's in a rule generated query
>     resulting  from the former command (that fired them) must get
>     scanned against the snapshot of  the  time  when  the  former
>     command  get's  executed.  But the RTE's coming from the rule     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So - you use QuerySnapshot as it was in this time.

>     action itself must get the snapshot when the rules command is

Set RTE' snapshot pointer to NULL.

>     executed.  Only this way the quals added to the rule from the
>     former command will see what the former command saw.
>
>     The executor cannot know where all  the  RTE's  where  coming
>     from. Except we have a QueryId and associate the QueryId with
>     a snapshot at the time of execution. And I think we  must  do
>     this lookup, because the order commands are executed will not
>     be the same as they got created.  The executor  only  has  to
>     override  the RTE's snapshot if the RTE's snapshot name isn't
>     NULL.

+ set NULL snapshot pointers to QuerySnapshot.

Vadim

Vadim wrote:

> > > inside snapshot itself to prevent free-ing of snapshots.
> > > Benefits: no copying in Executor, no QueryId --> Snapshot
> > > lookup. Just add pointer to RTE. Parser will put NULL there:
> > > as flag that current snapshot has to be used. ExecutorStart
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Note: "current" here is "when actual execution will start", not
> "when query was parsed/rewritten". ExecutorStart will substitute
> QuerySnapshot for NULL snapshot pointers.

    Yepp  -  snapshots  are  allways  built just before execution
    starts.

    The reason why I need the QueryId and it's lookup is that the
    time  of  ExecutorStart() for one query hasn't anything to do
    with  where  it  was  coming  from  or  when  it   has   been
    parsed/rewritten.   Due  to the rewriting, RTE's in different
    queries have relationships.  Only the  rewrite  system  knows
    them,  and  the  only  place  where this information could be
    stored is the RTE. All RTE's that are related to  each  other
    across  queries  must  use  the  same  snapshot when they get
    scanned.

> And so for deffered rules rewrite system will:
>
> 1. set t2' RTE snapshot pointer to NULL - this will guarantee
>    that snapshot of execution time (commit or set immediate time)
>    will be used;
> 2. set t1' RTE snapshot pointer to current QuerySnapshot
>    (and increment its refcount).

    At parse/rewrite time there is no actual  snapshot.  And  for
    SPI  prepared plan, the snapshot to use will be different for
    each execution.  The RTE cannot hold the snapshot itself.  It
    could  only tell, which of all the snapshots created during a
    transaction to use for it.

> >     And  there  could  also be rules fired on t2. This results in
> >     recursive rewriting and it's not that  easy  to  foresee  the
> >     order  in  which  all  these commands will then get executed.
> >     During recursion there is no  difference  between  a  command
> >     coming  from  the  user  and one that is already generated by
> >     another rule.
> >
> >     The problem here is, that the RTE's in a rule generated query
> >     resulting  from the former command (that fired them) must get
> >     scanned against the snapshot of  the  time  when  the  former
> >     command  get's  executed.  But the RTE's coming from the rule
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> So - you use QuerySnapshot as it was in this time.
>
> >     action itself must get the snapshot when the rules command is
>
> Set RTE' snapshot pointer to NULL.
>
> >     executed.  Only this way the quals added to the rule from the
> >     former command will see what the former command saw.
> >
> >     The executor cannot know where all  the  RTE's  where  coming
> >     from. Except we have a QueryId and associate the QueryId with
> >     a snapshot at the time of execution. And I think we  must  do
> >     this lookup, because the order commands are executed will not
> >     be the same as they got created.  The executor  only  has  to
> >     override  the RTE's snapshot if the RTE's snapshot name isn't
> >     NULL.
>
> + set NULL snapshot pointers to QuerySnapshot.

    That way, the executor would have to  set  all  the  snapshot
    pointers in related RTE's of other queries (not yet executed)
    too so they point to the same  snapshot.  I  can  only  think
    about  an  ordered  set to link all the related RTE's to each
    other. That would be  some  kind  of  ordered  set  over  the
    related RTE's, but I would get into deep trouble when copying
    rangetables during rewrite or SPI_saveplan()  to  keep  these
    set's alive.

    Maybe  I'm  not  able  to  explain exactly enough what I have
    vaguely in mind how it could work. But  after  you've  helped
    not  to forget prepared plans I think I have all the odds and
    ends to build it.

    I'll hack around a little.   Then  let's  discuss  the  final
    details while having a prototype to look at.

Jan Wieck wrote:

> > And so for deffered rules rewrite system will:
> >
> > 1. set t2' RTE snapshot pointer to NULL - this will guarantee
> >    that snapshot of execution time (commit or set immediate time)
> >    will be used;
> > 2. set t1' RTE snapshot pointer to current QuerySnapshot
> >    (and increment its refcount).
>
>     At parse/rewrite time there is no actual  snapshot.  And  for
Oh, you're right. This is true for prepared plans.

>     SPI  prepared plan, the snapshot to use will be different for
>     each execution.  The RTE cannot hold the snapshot itself.  It
>     could  only tell, which of all the snapshots created during a
>     transaction to use for it.

>     Maybe  I'm  not  able  to  explain exactly enough what I have
>     vaguely in mind how it could work. But  after  you've  helped
>     not  to forget prepared plans I think I have all the odds and
>     ends to build it.
>
>     I'll hack around a little.   Then  let's  discuss  the  final
>     details while having a prototype to look at.

Ok. If you feel that QueryIds is easier way to go then do it.
In any case some preprocessing of plan tree just before execution
will be required.
BTW, why not use CommandIds ?

Vadim

Vadim wrote:

> Ok. If you feel that QueryIds is easier way to go then do it.
> In any case some preprocessing of plan tree just before execution
> will be required.
> BTW, why not use CommandIds ?

    CommandId  is  the  order  in  which  plans  get executed and
    snapshots created. But it isn't the order in which the  plans
    got created.  There could easily hundreds of CommandId's been
    created until a deferred query executes. Some of  it's  RTE's
    must  get  the  QuerySnapshot and scanCommandId of an earlier
    executed plan. But at the time it will be saved for  deferred
    execution,  I  cannot foresee the CommandId it's parents will
    get.

    And the case of cascaded  rules?  Initial  query  fires  rule
    action 1 which in turn fires rule action 2. Now initial query
    executes and fires trigger which executes it's own  commands.
    Thus,  the  parent  of  action  2  will  not  get  the second
    CommandId of the transaction.

    A plan get's associated with a CommandId  at  the  time  it's
    execution  starts.   So it's useless to tell the relationship
    between RTE's.

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Just a little question:

> Vadim wrote:
>
> > Ok. If you feel that QueryIds is easier way to go then do it.
> > In any case some preprocessing of plan tree just before execution
> > will be required.
> > BTW, why not use CommandIds ?

    For  that  preprocessing  required  to  associate  RTE's with
    snapshots I need the exact output of the  rewrite  system  at
    ExecutorStart() time, so I'm able to find all the RTE's.

    So  far  I've found that the planner NULL's out subselects in
    _make_subplan().  A first (very little) test showed, that  it
    seems  to  work without doing so too.  Who coded that and why
    is it done there?

    Does anyone know about other places in the code mucking  with
    the  parsetrees  after  I'm  done  with  them  in the rewrite
    system?

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION

Дата:
>     For  that  preprocessing  required  to  associate  RTE's with
>     snapshots I need the exact output of the  rewrite  system  at
>     ExecutorStart() time, so I'm able to find all the RTE's.
>
>     So  far  I've found that the planner NULL's out subselects in
>     _make_subplan().  A first (very little) test showed, that  it
>     seems  to  work without doing so too.  Who coded that and why
>     is it done there?
>
>     Does anyone know about other places in the code mucking  with
>     the  parsetrees  after  I'm  done  with  them  in the rewrite
>     system?

Vadim originally wrote the file.  Is he splitting up the subqueries?

Pennsylvania19026

Jan Wieck wrote:

>     For  that  preprocessing  required  to  associate  RTE's with
>     snapshots I need the exact output of the  rewrite  system  at
>     ExecutorStart() time, so I'm able to find all the RTE's.
>
>     So  far  I've found that the planner NULL's out subselects in
>     _make_subplan().  A first (very little) test showed, that  it
>     seems  to  work without doing so too.  Who coded that and why
>     is it done there?

Do you mean subselect.c:147 line:
slink->subselect = NULL;    /* cool ?! */

?

As I remember this is done to don't copy subquery' Query
node in copyObject when copying plan. Actually, using
Query node in Executor is annoying me for ~ 1 year:
Executor need not in entire Query node, only in range table!
Using Query in Executor is bad for prepared plans: we do
copying and storing of mostly useless Query node...
This would be nice to have some new TopPlan node with
upmost plan, range table and some other things (I had to
add some fields to Plan node itself for subqueries while
these fields should be only in topmost plan node) and get rid
of using Query in Executor. Query is result of parsing,
plan is result of planning and source for execution.

If you don't want to implement TopPlan node then you could
allocate new SubLink node in subselect.c:_make_subplan()
to be used in node->sublink...

Vadim

Re: [HACKERS] TIME QUALIFICATION

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
> Do you mean subselect.c:147 line:
>
>    slink->subselect = NULL;    /* cool ?! */
>
> ?

    Exactly that!

> As I remember this is done to don't copy subquery' Query
> node in copyObject when copying plan. Actually, using
> Query node in Executor is annoying me for ~ 1 year:
> Executor need not in entire Query node, only in range table!
> Using Query in Executor is bad for prepared plans: we do
> copying and storing of mostly useless Query node...
> This would be nice to have some new TopPlan node with
> upmost plan, range table and some other things (I had to
> add some fields to Plan node itself for subqueries while
> these fields should be only in topmost plan node) and get rid
> of using Query in Executor. Query is result of parsing,
> plan is result of planning and source for execution.
>
> If you don't want to implement TopPlan node then you could
> allocate new SubLink node in subselect.c:_make_subplan()
> to be used in node->sublink...

    Ah - I see.

    So  I  assume  the sublink->subselect, that's copied into the
    plan, is totally obsolete too at that point. The subplan  has
    it's  own rangetable, which is the same as the (not used) one
    in the subselect.

    I think I should tidy up that all to finally pass  only  plan
    into  executor  before  going  ahead  with the deferred query
    stuff. It doesn't make sense to  spend  much  efford  now  to
    prepare  the system for deferred queries. It depends too much
    on where the RTE's are and how we organize them.

    New TopPlan could be passed  down  the  executor  instead  of
    querytree.  It  might  hold  a  List of rangetables. Plan and
    SubPlan then have an index telling which nth() rangetable  of
    TopPlan to use for it.

    This  would  make  execution  preprocessing for snapshot->RTE
    assignment very easy because there's only one place  to  find
    ALL  RTE's  (no  need  to traverse down a tree). And it would
    substantial lower the amount of data to copy in SPI, since it
    must not save the Querytree at all.

Jan Wieck wrote:

>     So  I  assume  the sublink->subselect, that's copied into the
>     plan, is totally obsolete too at that point. The subplan  has
>     it's  own rangetable, which is the same as the (not used) one
>     in the subselect.

Exactly.

>     I think I should tidy up that all to finally pass  only  plan
>     into  executor  before  going  ahead  with the deferred query
>     stuff. It doesn't make sense to  spend  much  efford  now  to
>     prepare  the system for deferred queries. It depends too much
>     on where the RTE's are and how we organize them.
>
>     New TopPlan could be passed  down  the  executor  instead  of
>     querytree.  It  might  hold  a  List of rangetables. Plan and
>     SubPlan then have an index telling which nth() rangetable  of
>     TopPlan to use for it.
>
>     This  would  make  execution  preprocessing for snapshot->RTE
>     assignment very easy because there's only one place  to  find
>     ALL  RTE's  (no  need  to traverse down a tree). And it would
>     substantial lower the amount of data to copy in SPI, since it
>     must not save the Querytree at all.

Nice!

Vadim