Обсуждение: Important Announcement

Important Announcement

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Hi...

    As was previously announced, we are currently looking at upgrading
the server in all respects...  well, totally replacing it is more like it.
Double the RAM, PII processor, 4x the disk space, increased bandwidth,
etc.

    With this is mind, we are asking the PostgreSQL user community to
help offset the costs of this upgrade.  Nobody is *required* to contribute
... the upgrade is going to happen regardless, as it is required, but I'd
prefer not to have to pay for *all* of it out of my pocket.

    Towards this goal, starting with v6.3's release, we will be making
a CD distribution of PostgreSQL, as one means for users to be able to
contribute to the project.

    There are two new pages on our web site that I ask/encourage
everyone to read through:

    http://www.postgresql.org/fund-raising.shtml
    http://www.postgresql.org/cd-dist.shtml

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От
Joseph Heil
Дата:
Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy@hub.org):

>     There are two new pages on our web site that I ask/encourage
> everyone to read through:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/fund-raising.shtml
>     http://www.postgresql.org/cd-dist.shtml

  I see that the cdroms are $39.95CDN.  Is that in Canidian dollars?
  Do you have a converted price for US dollars?  How about the donations,
  will you convert US checks?

j.heil

--
Joseph A. Heil, Jr.

SuperStat, Inc.            email: heilja@superstat.com
7500 Market Place Drive        voice: 612-943-8400
Eden Prairie, MN  55344        fax:   612-943-8300

Key fingerprint = 95 FC 3A F4 8A 10 05 85  3F 53 01 86 AD DB DB 51

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Joseph Heil wrote:

> Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy@hub.org):
> >

> >     There are two new pages on our web site that I ask/encourage
> > everyone to read through:
> >
> >     http://www.postgresql.org/fund-raising.shtml
> >     http://www.postgresql.org/cd-dist.shtml
>
>   I see that the cdroms are $39.95CDN.  Is that in Canidian dollars?
>   Do you have a converted price for US dollars?

    Unfortunately, with the way that the currencies fluctuate, it will
vary greatly...but yes, it is in Canadian dollars.

>  How about the donations, will you convert US checks?

    Yes, this is not a problem

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От
"Michael J. Rogan"
Дата:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Joseph Heil wrote:
>
> > Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy@hub.org):
> > >

> > >     There are two new pages on our web site that I ask/encourage
> > > everyone to read through:
> > >
> > >     http://www.postgresql.org/fund-raising.shtml
> > >     http://www.postgresql.org/cd-dist.shtml
> >
> >   I see that the cdroms are $39.95CDN.  Is that in Canadian dollars?
> >   Do you have a converted price for US dollars?
>
>     Unfortunately, with the way that the currencies fluctuate, it will
> vary greatly...but yes, it is in Canadian dollars.
>
> >  How about the donations, will you convert US checks?

Of course US$ accepted at par ;-)  At $39.95US that upgrade will be paid
for in no time.

>     Yes, this is not a problem

* Michael J. Rogan,  Network Administrator,   905-624-3020 *
* Mark IV Industries, F-P Electronics & I.V.H.S. Divisions *
* mrogan@fpelectronics.com                 mrogan@ivhs.com *

Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Michael J. Rogan wrote:

> > On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Joseph Heil wrote:
> >
> > > Quoting The Hermit Hacker (scrappy@hub.org):

> > >   I see that the cdroms are $39.95CDN.  Is that in Canadian dollars?
> > >   Do you have a converted price for US dollars?
> >
> >     Unfortunately, with the way that the currencies fluctuate, it will
> > vary greatly...but yes, it is in Canadian dollars.
> >
> > >  How about the donations, will you convert US checks?
> >

> Of course US$ accepted at par ;-)  At $39.95US that upgrade will be paid
> for in no time.

    *rofl* I don't think so.  I put up a US price onto the web site of
$29.95...plus I put a (+$6/yr shipping and handling), based on $2 per
release, 3 releases per year, for shipping...

    Of course, if anyone out there with a little more distribution
experience then me feels that $2/cd is too high (or low?) please let me
know?