Обсуждение: Error: no connection to the server

Error: no connection to the server

От
Marco Bambini
Дата:
Hi,
I have a multithreaded C client and sometimes I receive the "no connection to the server" error message.
I haven't found any documentation about it and about how to fix this issue.

Anyone can point me to the right direction?
How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot.
--
Marco Bambini

Re: Error: no connection to the server

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Marco Bambini wrote:
> I have a multithreaded C client and sometimes I receive the "no connection to the server" error
> message.
> I haven't found any documentation about it and about how to fix this issue.
>
> Anyone can point me to the right direction?

The error message is reported in interfaces/libpq/fe-exec.c:

static bool
PQsendQueryStart(PGconn *conn)
{
    if (!conn)
        return false;

    /* clear the error string */
    resetPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage);

    /* Don't try to send if we know there's no live connection. */
    if (conn->status != CONNECTION_OK)
    {
        printfPQExpBuffer(&conn->errorMessage,
                          libpq_gettext("no connection to the server\n"));
        return false;
    }

So it looks like you closed the connection (maybe in some other thread)
and then try to reuse it.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Error: no connection to the server

От
Sameer Kumar

I have a multithreaded C client and sometimes I receive the "no connection to the server" error message.

Please add more details of the

- version of Postgres.
- Platform and OS details

Are you using any Middleware like pgpool or pgbouncer?

I haven't found any documentation about it and about how to fix this issue.

Anyone can point me to the right direction?
How can I fix it?

Thanks a lot.
--
Marco Bambini

Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com

Re: Error: no connection to the server

От
Melvin Davidson