Обсуждение: template1 being accessed

template1 being accessed

От
"drum.lucas@gmail.com"
Дата:
Hi there.

I'm currently using postgres 9.2.
As you can see below, my "template1" database was being accessed:

Inline images 2

That server is a 4-day-old backup DB - does a gzip of pg_dump, excluding some tables; also 4-day old replication using WAL-archive with 345600s delay; also file-level copies (excl. PG DB)

Why was the template1 database being accessed and now it's not anymore?

Cheers
Lucas
Вложения

Re: template1 being accessed

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 4/4/2016 9:04 PM, drum.lucas@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm currently using postgres 9.2.
> As you can see below, my "template1" database was being accessed:

500m is 1/2 access per whatever interval that graph is using. typically,
template1 is accessed when you do a create database if you don't specify
a different template.

its also possible some management software might use it as a default
place to connect so they can get a list of databases or whatever .

Re: template1 being accessed

От
Luca Ferrari
Дата:
(sorry, back to the list)

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:11 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> its also possible some management software might use it as a default place
> to connect so they can get a list of databases or whatever .

This is probably the most common case for continuos access to template1.

Luca

Re: template1 being accessed

От
Sameer Kumar

On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:35 Luca Ferrari, <fluca1978@infinito.it> wrote:
(sorry, back to the list)

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 6:11 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> its also possible some management software might use it as a default place
> to connect so they can get a list of databases or whatever .

This is probably the most common case for continuos access to template1.

Or if you are using pgpool for connection pooling/load balancing, it might connect to template1 and do health checks.

Luca

Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
ASHNIK PTE. LTD.

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com

Re: template1 being accessed

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 4/5/2016 5:35 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:
> Or if you are using pgpool for connection pooling/load balancing, it
> might connect to template1 and do health checks.

we're literally talking about maybe one connect per DAY looking at those
graphs.  a spike at 500m means one connect for 2 data points worth. a
spike at 330m    means one per 3 points.   the coarse grid units on that
graph were weeks, I don't know exactly what the fine data points were,
but not more more than a few per day.