Обсуждение: pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing

pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing

От
schoetbi schoetbi
Дата:
Hello,

i tried to migrate a database cluster from pg 9.4.1 to 9.5.1 with pg_upgrade. I got the follwing error:

c:\Temp>"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin\pg_upgrade" -b "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin" -B "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin" -
d "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\data" -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data" -p 5433 -P 5432 -U postgres
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions                                   ok
Checking database user is the install user                  ok
Checking database connection settings                       ok
Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
Creating dump of global objects                             ok
Creating dump of database schemas
                                                            ok
Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal
Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
    loadable_libraries.txt
Failure, exiting

The file  loadable_libraries.txt  contains:

Could not load library "$libdir/pg_upgrade_support"
FEHLER: konnte nicht auf Datei „$libdir/pg_upgrade_support“ zugreifen: No such file or directory

I tried to copy the dll from the 9.4 version but the interface seems not to be compatible.

I use postgres under Windows 7 64 Bit.

Note: This is a question first asked here: https://www.pg-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=7495

Thanks,
Tobias

Re: pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 03/02/2016 01:42 AM, schoetbi schoetbi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i tried to migrate a database cluster from pg 9.4.1 to 9.5.1 with
> pg_upgrade. I got the follwing error:
>
>     c:\Temp>"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin\pg_upgrade" -b
>     "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\bin" -B "C:\Program
>     Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin" -
>     d "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4\data" -D "C:\Program
>     Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data" -p 5433 -P 5432 -U postgres
>     Performing Consistency Checks
>     -----------------------------
>     Checking cluster versions                                   ok
>     Checking database user is the install user                  ok
>     Checking database connection settings                       ok
>     Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
>     Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok
>     Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
>     Creating dump of global objects                             ok
>     Creating dump of database schemas
>                                                                  ok
>     Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal
>     Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing
>     from the
>     new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
>     or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
>     problem libraries is in the file:
>          loadable_libraries.txt
>     Failure, exiting
>

> The file  loadable_libraries.txt  contains:
>

>     Could not load library "$libdir/pg_upgrade_support"
>     FEHLER: konnte nicht auf Datei „$libdir/pg_upgrade_support“
>     zugreifen: No such file or directory
>

> I tried to copy the dll from the 9.4 version but the interface seems not
> to be compatible.
>
> I use postgres under Windows 7 64 Bit.

So how did you install Postgres(and from where) and was it different for
9.4 versus 9.5?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing

Дата:
schoetbi schoetbi <tobias.schoenit@gmail.com> writes:
> i tried to migrate a database cluster from pg 9.4.1 to 9.5.1 with
> pg_upgrade. I got the follwing error:

>> Could not load library "$libdir/pg_upgrade_support"

Hmm, pg_upgrade_support isn't a separate library anymore; it's been merged
into core.  I would not have expected that to cause any problems, because
the functions in that library shouldn't have been referenced in your old
database in the first place.  They were supposed to be installed and then
removed again during the process of (prior versions of) pg_upgrade.

I'm guessing you had leftovers from old failed pg_upgrade attempts that
you never completed.

What you want to do is simply manually drop the functions referencing
$libdir/pg_upgrade_support.  A look into the pg_upgrade sources suggests
that this ought to do it:

DROP SCHEMA IF EXISTS binary_upgrade CASCADE;

though you'll probably have to do that in every database of the
installation.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_upgrade 9.5.1: pg_upgrade_support missing

От
schoetbi
Дата:
Hello,

I tried to delete all binary_upgrade schematas using this:

$ psql -tc "SELECT datname FROM pg_database" -U postgres -p 5433 | xargs -I
{} psql -d {} -U postgres -p 5433 -tc "drop schema if exists binary_upgrade
cascade;"

But got this:
output is not a tty

So I got the dblist from pgadmin and saved to file:
That worked:
$ cat dblist.txt | xargs -I {} psql -d {} -U postgres -p 5433 -tc "drop
schema if exists binary_upgrade cascade;"

pg_upgrade succeeded with the step:
Checking for presence of required libraries                 ok

But then I got:
Checking database user is the install user
Only the install user can be defined in the new cluster.
Failure, exiting

But this is the next story ;-) I can assure that deleting the schematas from
the source db solves my initial problem.

Thanks for your help,
Tobias Schönit