Обсуждение: get this warning from pgAdmin

get this warning from pgAdmin

От
anj patnaik
Дата:
I get this warning when trying to fetch data for a postgres db. Does this indicate a real issue? Thanks

Running VACUUM recommended
The estimated rowcount on the table "recorder" deviates significantly from the actual rowcount. You should run VACUUM ANALYZE on this table.

Re: get this warning from pgAdmin

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/12/2015 10:02 AM, anj patnaik wrote:
> I get this warning when trying to fetch data for a postgres db. Does
> this indicate a real issue? Thanks

Well it means the statistics for the table are out of touch with
reality. The database will not fall over, but your queries against the
table will be using stale statistics when the query planner sets up the
query.

> Running VACUUM recommended
> The estimated rowcount on the table "recorder" deviates significantly
> from the actual rowcount. You should run VACUUM ANALYZE on this table.

I would take the suggestion, or you can wait till autovacuum hits the table.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: get this warning from pgAdmin

От
Melvin Davidson
Дата:
This is not necessarily a major issue. It is simply an advisory that a significant number of rows in the table have been inserted, updated or deleted and that in order to have reliable statistics, a vacuum analyze should be done.

Depending on the number of rows in the table and the difference between actual row count and and the current statistics row count, you can decide if you need to vacuum  analyze or delay.

One rule of thumb is to consider the response time of queries against that tablet. IOW, are DML queries involving that table completing within a couple of seconds? If yes, you can delay a while or wait for autovacuum to be done on that table. If the DML is taking more than a few seconds, then yes, it is advisable to vacuum analyze it.

I get this warning when trying to fetch data for a postgres db. Does this indicate a real issue? Thanks

Running VACUUM recommended
The estimated rowcount on the table "recorder" deviates significantly from the actual rowcount. You should run VACUUM ANALYZE on this table.

--
Melvin Davidson

Re: get this warning from pgAdmin

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
I get this warning when trying to fetch data for a postgres db. Does
this indicate a real issue? Thanks

Well it means the statistics for the table are out of touch with reality. The database will not fall over, but your queries against the table will be using stale statistics when the query planner sets up the query.

Running VACUUM recommended
The estimated rowcount on the table "recorder" deviates significantly
from the actual rowcount. You should run VACUUM ANALYZE on this table.

I would take the suggestion, or you can wait till autovacuum hits the table.

AFAIK, this part of the code in pgAdmin hasn't been touched since quite a few years. You shouldn't rely on it to know which tables need a VACUUM or an ANALYZE.