Обсуждение: Test for char errors

Test for char errors

От
夏高
Дата:
I downloaded psotgresql-9.4.4 source code and build it on Centos 6.5 x64 edition. Then I run 'make test' and it reported that 'All 145 tests passed'. But the expected output and actual output of test 'char' are not same.

The expected output of in 'src/test/regress/expected/char.out' is:

SELECT '' AS five, c.*
   FROM CHAR_TBL c
   WHERE c.f1 < 'a';
 five | f1
------+----
      | 1
      | 2
      | 3

(5 rows)

But the actual output in 'src/test/regress/results/char.out' is:

SELECT '' AS five, c.*
   FROM CHAR_TBL c
   WHERE c.f1 < 'a';
 five | f1
------+----
      | 1
      | 2
      | 3

(4 rows)

I don't know why the files are not the same but tests all passed. Helps are appreciated, thanks!

Re: Test for char errors

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 5:15 PM, 夏高 wrote:
> I don't know why the files are not the same but tests all passed. Helps are
> appreciated, thanks!

Some tests have multiple expected outputs. In the case of char, there
is not only char.out, but as well char_1.out and char_2.out. In your
case char_1.out seems to match.
--
Michael

Re: Test for char errors

От
夏高
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Gao wrote:
>> I don't know why the files are not the same but tests all passed. Helps are
>> appreciated, thanks!
>Some tests have multiple expected outputs. In the case of char, there
>is not only char.out, but as well char_1.out and char_2.out. In your
>case char_1.out seems to match.
>--
>Michael

Thanks Michael! Could you tell me which option determines what expected output is used?

Gao

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 5:15 PM, 夏高 wrote:
> I don't know why the files are not the same but tests all passed. Helps are
> appreciated, thanks!

Some tests have multiple expected outputs. In the case of char, there
is not only char.out, but as well char_1.out and char_2.out. In your
case char_1.out seems to match.
--
Michael

Re: Test for char errors

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 8:29 AM, 夏高 <xiagao1982@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Michael! Could you tell me which option determines what expected
> output is used?

Have a look at results_differ() in pg_regress.c ;) The file selected
as expected output is the one with less lines of diffs.
--
Michael