Обсуждение: CREATE EXTENSION does not seem to work in 9.2

CREATE EXTENSION does not seem to work in 9.2

От
Susan Cassidy
Дата:
When I tried to do CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS
/usr/pgsql-9.2/share/extension/plpgsql.control with schema public;

it gave me
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "EXTENSION"

CREATE LANGUAGE worked just fine.  I only tried CREATE EXTENSION because the manual said that CREATE LANGUAGE was deprecated.

Susan

Re: CREATE EXTENSION does not seem to work in 9.2

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/21/2014 02:51 PM, Susan Cassidy wrote:
> When I tried to do CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS
> /usr/pgsql-9.2/share/extension/plpgsql.control with schema public;
>
> it gave me
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "EXTENSION"
>
> CREATE LANGUAGE worked just fine.  I only tried CREATE EXTENSION because
> the manual said that CREATE LANGUAGE was deprecated.

If you trying to install plpgsql it is installed by default from 9.0+
If you trying to install something else you only need the extension name
not the file path, so just plpgsql in this case.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: CREATE EXTENSION does not seem to work in 9.2

От
Susan Cassidy
Дата:
It wasn't installed in the yum package that we used to install postgres 9.2.  I had to add it.  As I said, create language worked fine.  Before I did create language, I got errors that the language didn't exist when I tried to create a function.  After I created the language, those errors went away.

Susan

When I tried to do CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS
/usr/pgsql-9.2/share/extension/plpgsql.control with schema public;

it gave me
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "EXTENSION"

CREATE LANGUAGE worked just fine.  I only tried CREATE EXTENSION because
the manual said that CREATE LANGUAGE was deprecated.

If you trying to install plpgsql it is installed by default from 9.0+
If you trying to install something else you only need the extension name not the file path, so just plpgsql in this case.

Susan

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: CREATE EXTENSION does not seem to work in 9.2

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 01/22/2014 11:07 AM, Susan Cassidy wrote:
> It wasn't installed in the yum package that we used to install postgres
> 9.2.  I had to add it.  As I said, create language worked fine.  Before
> I did create language, I got errors that the language didn't exist when
> I tried to create a function.  After I created the language, those
> errors went away.

Right off the bat, let me say I do not use yum, so I am working a bit
blind here.

What distribution are you using yum for and what package did you use?

What does the below show?

createlang  -U postgres -d template1 -l

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Re: CREATE EXTENSION does not seem to work in 9.2

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-01-22 at 11:07 -0800, Susan Cassidy wrote:
> It wasn't installed in the yum package that we used to install
> postgres 9.2.

This has nothing to do with the RPMs -- PL/pgSQL is installed by
defaults since 9.0. As Adrian wrote, you will need to omit the file path
there (still, you don't need it with 9.2)

Devrim GÜNDÜZ