Обсуждение: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

От
janek12@web.de
Дата:
'argumentexceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes' is raising using psql.</div><div>How can I increase this

Re: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

От
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Дата:
On sob, paź 12, 2013 at 06:30:51 +0200, janek12@web.de wrote:
>    What does it mean if the Error: 'argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes' is raising using psql.
>    How can I increase this limit?

How did you achieve it? Can you show screenshot of what you did, and how
the error was presented?

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/

Re: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

От
"Janek Sendrowski"
Дата:
I would say it's just a query with to many rows or something like that.
My query was: SELECT jaro('word', col) FROM table.
The tables has ca. 75000 rows. If I'm gonna use the WHERE condition and only select the first 10000 rows, it's working.
So it could be something with the memory, but 1024 bytes?!

Janek Sendrowski

Re: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

От
Pavel Stehule

what is in function jaro?

I would say it's just a query with to many rows or something like that.
My query was: SELECT jaro('word', col) FROM table.
The tables has ca. 75000 rows. If I'm gonna use the WHERE condition and only select the first 10000 rows, it's working.
So it could be something with the memory, but 1024 bytes?!

Janek Sendrowski

Re: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hello

I looked to source code and this error message is only in fuzzystrmatch extension. Please, next time, specify a PostgreSQL version number, and used extensions.

I looked to source code, and these limits are defined in /contrib/fuzzystrmatch/  levenshtein.c or fuzzystrmatch.c - you can find these messages and related constant. Then you can change it and recompile extension. If I understand to source code well, these functions are heavy memory extensive - so there is relative low limit as protection to swap or OOM killer.

One trick:

if you use a verbose mode, then you can get much more info about error.

postgres=# select 10/0;
ERROR:  division by zero
Time: 0.793 ms

postgres=# \set VERBOSITY verbose