Re: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PSQL: argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello

I looked to source code and this error message is only in fuzzystrmatch extension. Please, next time, specify a PostgreSQL version number, and used extensions.

I looked to source code, and these limits are defined in /contrib/fuzzystrmatch/  levenshtein.c or fuzzystrmatch.c - you can find these messages and related constant. Then you can change it and recompile extension. If I understand to source code well, these functions are heavy memory extensive - so there is relative low limit as protection to swap or OOM killer.

One trick:

if you use a verbose mode, then you can get much more info about error.

postgres=# select 10/0;
ERROR:  division by zero
Time: 0.793 ms

postgres=# \set VERBOSITY verbose
postgres=# select 10/0;
ERROR:  22012: division by zero
LOCATION:  int4div, int.c:719
Time: 0.511 ms

Regards

Pavel

2013/10/12 hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com>
On sob, paź 12, 2013 at 06:30:51 +0200, janek12@web.de wrote:
>    What does it mean if the Error: 'argument exceeds the maximum length of 1024 bytes' is raising using psql.
>    How can I increase this limit?

How did you achieve it? Can you show screenshot of what you did, and how
the error was presented?

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/