Обсуждение: How to find more description of Bug than what is given in release notes

How to find more description of Bug than what is given in release notes

От
"Nicholas DiPiazza"

I’m looking for some more detailed description of bugs than is given in the release notes.

For example, there is information that states that my backups may be invalid and won’t be restorable. But I have no idea what the cause of the issue is and how to find out I’m vulnerable or not.

How can I get that?

-Nicholas

Re: How to find more description of Bug than what is given in release notes

Дата:
On Mon, Apr  8, 2013 at 04:45:02PM -0500, Nicholas DiPiazza wrote:
> I’m looking for some more detailed description of bugs than is given in the
> release notes.
>

> For example, there is information that states that my backups may be invalid
> and won’t be restorable. But I have no idea what the cause of the issue is and
> how to find out I’m vulnerable or not.
>

> How can I get that?

Why don't you tell use that the release note item is and we can help
you?  Your only other option is to read the git commits for that
release.

Re: How to find more description of Bug than what is given in release notes

От
"Nicholas DiPiazza"
Дата:
This one in particular from 9.1.8 I'm wondering how to detect to see if any of my backups will hit this during WAL
replay:

"Fix multiple problems in detection of when a consistent database state has been reached during WAL replay"

But there are some more.