Обсуждение: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
Vishalakshi Navaneethakrishnan
Дата:
Hi all,

Can you please tell me , how to set up replication in win7, without slony tool..

--
Best Regards,
Vishalakshi.N

Re: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
raghu ram

Can you please tell me , how to set up replication in win7, without slony tool..

Below URL provides a configuration steps of Slony Replication on Windows Operating System:

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Ram

EnterpriseDB Corporation

Blog:http://raghurc.blogspot.in/

Re: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/02/12 12:33 AM, Vishalakshi Navaneethakrishnan wrote:

> Can you please tell me , how to set up replication in win7, without
> slony tool..

step 1) upgrade to postgresql 9.x ppreferably 9.1 or 9.2
step 2) implement streaming replication per the postgres documentation

windows will be a minor impediment but it should be manageable

Re: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 11/02/12 12:53 AM, raghu ram wrote:

>     Can you please tell me , how to set up replication in win7,
>     without slony tool..
>

> Below URL provides a configuration steps of Slony Replication on
> Windows Operating System:
>
> http://www.mokisystems.com/blog/setting-up-slony-on-windows/

he asked, how to setup replication without slony.

Re: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
dinesh kumar
Дата:
Hi ,

In windows we do not have SCP/RSYNC utility commands, which helps us to send the archives to remote/slave server.

I hope the below settings will help you while setting replication ..

Primary
======
archive_command = 'copy %p \\\\<Slave Server>\\Archive_Location\\%f'

Slave
=====
trigger_file = 'C:\\.trigger.5432'
restore_command = 'copy \\\\<Slave Server Archive_Location>\\%f %p'

And also, make sure your Primary windows firewall is accepting a connection from the salve server.

Best Regards,
Dinesh

    Can you please tell me , how to set up replication in win7,
    without slony tool..

Below URL provides a configuration steps of Slony Replication on Windows Operating System:

http://www.mokisystems.com/blog/setting-up-slony-on-windows/

he asked, how to setup replication without slony.

--
john r pierce                            N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca                         mid-left coast

Re: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
dinesh kumar
Дата:
Hi ,

In windows we do not have SCP/RSYNC utility commands, which helps us to send the archives to remote/slave server.

I hope the below settings will help you while setting replication ..

Primary
======
archive_command = 'copy %p \\\\<Slave Server>\\Archive_Location\\%f'

Slave
=====
trigger_file = 'C:\\.trigger.5432'
restore_command = 'copy \\\\<Slave Server Archive_Location>\\%f %p'

And also, make sure your Primary windows firewall is accepting a connection from the salve server.

Best Regards,
Dinesh

Re: Postgresql - 8.3 Replication in windows

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2012-11-02, dinesh kumar <dineshkumar02@gmail.com> wrote:
> --20cf3071cc56678d5104cd82409f
>
> Hi ,
>
> In windows we do not have SCP/RSYNC utility commands, which helps us to
> send the archives to remote/slave server.

pscp (putty.org)
deltacopy

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural