Обсуждение: Help me follow...

Help me follow...

От
Perry Smith
Дата:
I hit "bug 5665".  I see threads like this:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2011-01/msg00241.php

Where / how can I find the diff that went in to fix this?  Mostly I'm curious.  I can work around the problem but
wantedto create a patch file for myself to make deploying to other servers easier.

Thank you for your help,
Perry

Re: Help me follow...

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On 14 July 2012 16:57, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I hit "bug 5665".  I see threads like this:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2011-01/msg00241.php
>
> Where / how can I find the diff that went in to fix this?  Mostly I'm curious.  I can work around the problem but
wantedto create a patch file for myself to make deploying to other servers easier.

You can search through commits here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary

Sometimes a reference to the bug number may appear within the commit
message, but this won't always happen. If you can't find the commit
based on that, try the original reporter's name. We ordinarily credit
bug reporters in commit messages that fix the bug.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Help me follow...

Дата:
Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 14 July 2012 16:57, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I hit "bug 5665".  I see threads like this:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2011-01/msg00241.php
>>
>> Where / how can I find the diff that went in to fix this?  Mostly I'm curious.  I can work around the problem but
wantedto create a patch file for myself to make deploying to other servers easier.

> You can search through commits here:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary
> Sometimes a reference to the bug number may appear within the commit
> message, but this won't always happen. If you can't find the commit
> based on that, try the original reporter's name. We ordinarily credit
> bug reporters in commit messages that fix the bug.

I'm not sure we ever did fix it; I see no references to that bug in the
commit history, nor to the similar bug #6059, nor does it look like we
changed anything in the relevant make rules.

I can no longer reproduce a failure when building out-of-tree from a
tarball on my Fedora 16 box.  That's still make 3.82, but Fedora is
carrying half a dozen patches to the upstream tarball:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=make.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/f16;hb=f16
It's not immediately obvious which of those might be related, but
I think this was a bug in gmake and the fix is in there somewhere.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Help me follow...

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On 14 July 2012 18:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I can no longer reproduce a failure when building out-of-tree from a
> tarball on my Fedora 16 box.  That's still make 3.82, but Fedora is
> carrying half a dozen patches to the upstream tarball:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=make.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/f16;hb=f16
> It's not immediately obvious which of those might be related, but
> I think this was a bug in gmake and the fix is in there somewhere.

Agreed. Since Fedora 14 is now EOL, I'm not inclined to worry about it.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Help me follow...

От
Perry Smith
Дата:
On Jul 14, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On 14 July 2012 18:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I can no longer reproduce a failure when building out-of-tree from a
>> tarball on my Fedora 16 box.  That's still make 3.82, but Fedora is
>> carrying half a dozen patches to the upstream tarball:
>> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=make.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/f16;hb=f16
>> It's not immediately obvious which of those might be related, but
>> I think this was a bug in gmake and the fix is in there somewhere.
>
> Agreed. Since Fedora 14 is now EOL, I'm not inclined to worry about it.

I'm on AIX 6.1.  Using gmake 3.82.  PostgreSQL 9.0.4

Its definitely not a show stopper but from the email traffic, it looked like someone was going to make the Makefiles
"lesscutting edge" :-)

Thank you for your time,
Perry