Re: Help me follow...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Help me follow...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 14 July 2012 16:57, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I hit "bug 5665".  I see threads like this:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2011-01/msg00241.php
>>
>> Where / how can I find the diff that went in to fix this?  Mostly I'm curious.  I can work around the problem but
wantedto create a patch file for myself to make deploying to other servers easier.

> You can search through commits here:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary
> Sometimes a reference to the bug number may appear within the commit
> message, but this won't always happen. If you can't find the commit
> based on that, try the original reporter's name. We ordinarily credit
> bug reporters in commit messages that fix the bug.

I'm not sure we ever did fix it; I see no references to that bug in the
commit history, nor to the similar bug #6059, nor does it look like we
changed anything in the relevant make rules.

I can no longer reproduce a failure when building out-of-tree from a
tarball on my Fedora 16 box.  That's still make 3.82, but Fedora is
carrying half a dozen patches to the upstream tarball:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=make.git;a=tree;h=refs/heads/f16;hb=f16
It's not immediately obvious which of those might be related, but
I think this was a bug in gmake and the fix is in there somewhere.