Обсуждение: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

От
gipsy-king1
Дата:
Dear all

I have to import and watch/edit data stored in an .backup-file. This is a
backup-file, stored by an other firm.
My problem is, I am new at Postgres and it is the first time I have to work
with PostGIS-data.

I installed pgAdminIII and tryed to import it with this program. But it will
not work...

Can you tell me what I have to do?

best regards,
Thomas

Re: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
On 11 June 2012 10:42, gipsy-king1 <stuehle@gis-consult.de> wrote:
> I have to import and watch/edit data stored in an .backup-file. This is a
> backup-file, stored by an other firm.

> Can you tell me what I have to do?

Is that a Postgres dump? If so, is it a plain text dump, a compressed
dump or a custom format dump?

You can restore plain text dumps by reading them in with the psql
utility. For the other dump formats you use pg_restore.

If it's something else, you'll need to provide a lot more detail for
us to know whether the file is at all useful to you.

Re: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

От
Stefan Tzeggai
Дата:
Am 11.06.2012 14:43, schrieb Alban Hertroys:
> On 11 June 2012 10:42, gipsy-king1 <stuehle@gis-consult.de> wrote:
>> I have to import and watch/edit data stored in an .backup-file. This is a
>> backup-file, stored by an other firm.
>> Can you tell me what I have to do?
> Is that a Postgres dump? If so, is it a plain text dump, a compressed
> dump or a custom format dump?

try to use pg_restore with the option: -Fc

--
Stefan Tzeggai

Re: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

От
gipsy-king1
Дата:
There are few errors after my pg_restore command.

pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d THS -v
"H:.../netzknotenmodell_etrs89.backup"
could not execute query: ERROR:  type "public.geometry" is only a shell
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strasse.netzknotenmodell_etrs89"
does not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "netzknotenmodell_etrs89" does not
exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "netzknotenmodell_etrs89" does not
exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "netzknotenmodell_etrs89" does not
exist

pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d THS -v
"H:.../fahrbahnflaeche_etrs89.backup"
could not execute query: ERROR:  type "public.geometry" is only a shell
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strasse.fahrbahnflaeche_etrs89"
does not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "fahrbahnflaeche_etrs89" does not
exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "fahrbahnflaeche_etrs89" does not
exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "fahrbahnflaeche_etrs89" does not
exist

pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d THS -v
"H:.../strassenabschnitte_etrs89.backup"
could not execute query: ERROR:  type "public.geometry" is only a shell
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
"strasse.strassenabschnitte_etrs89" does not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strassenabschnitte_etrs89" does
not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strassenabschnitte_etrs89" does
not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strassenabschnitte_etrs89" does
not exist

pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d THS -v
"H:.../strassennetzmodell_etrs89.backup"
could not execute query: ERROR:  type "public.geometry" is only a shell
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
"strasse.strassennetzmodell_etrs89" does not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strassennetzmodell_etrs89" does
not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strassennetzmodell_etrs89" does
not exist
could not execute query: ERROR:  relation "strassennetzmodell_etrs89" does
not exist

I got the same errors when I used the "-Fc".

Do you with your experience know whats's to do with these 4 backup-files or
which command is to use?

best regards
Thomas

Re: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

Дата:
gipsy-king1 <stuehle@gis-consult.de> writes:
> There are few errors after my pg_restore command.
> pg_restore -i -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d THS -v
> "H:.../netzknotenmodell_etrs89.backup"
> could not execute query: ERROR:  type "public.geometry" is only a shell

Are these partial dumps?  It appears that you don't have postgis
installed in the target database, but a full dump should have included
the postgis types and functions.  If they were partial, what you need to
do is install postgis first.

            regards, tom lane

Re: import *.backup-file (PostGIS - not mine)

От
gipsy-king1
Дата:
I think my postgis is installed because of these three following reasons -
but I am not 100% sure.

1) With pgAdmin I created a database. The template I took was the
"template_postgis"
2) When I open the Application Stack Builder an get the list of all possible
applications to install - under "Spataial Extensions" it is written:
"PostGIS 1.5 for PostgreSQL 8.3 v 1.5.3(installed)
3) I followed the instructions from this website to install PostGIS:
http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/tutorials/installing-and-setting-up-postgresql-with-postgis/

How can I check if PostGIS is 100% installed on my PC?