Daniel Cole

Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid

Everything below installed by apt-get:
Postgres 9.1
Postgres 9.1 dev
PostGis
R-base
R-base-Dev

I have wanted to install the PLR via the postgresql-9.1.-plr package, but there doesn't seem to be one for 10.04.

I finally got R to make after some help on this list, but now I am trying to put the plr.sql on a database and its failing.  I have read through the instruction page, but know I am not do everything just right in the tips.

So what I am trying to run is this:

sudo psql -d testdb9 -U testdbuser < plr.sql

and I get result at the bottom of this email.

I believe that it has to do either with not having $R_Home set correctly (I can't find must documentation on this) or it has do to with not having the libR findable by my runtime linker.  ( I tried adding the following to a file that is loaded by /etc/ld.so.conf )  The lines I loaded to that file are:
/usr/lib/R/bin
/usr/lib/R/
/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/

that last one was just in case that worked.  Please can anyone give me an idea how to get PLR running.  It is hopefully my last stumbling block before my script that requires R and PLR will run.

Thanks,

Daniel

retunr data from: sudo psql -d testdb9 -U mkadmin < plr.sql

SET
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  function plr_call_handler() does not exist
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  function install_rcmd(text) does not exist
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  type "plr_environ_type" already exists
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  function plr_environ() does not exist
ERROR:  type "r_typename" already exists
ERROR:  language "plr" does not exist
ERROR:  language "plr" does not exist
ERROR:  type "r_version_type" already exists
ERROR:  language "plr" does not exist
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  function plr_set_rhome(text) does not exist
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  function plr_unset_rhome() does not exist
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR:  function plr_set_display(text) does not exist
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so": libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Daniel Cole

Re: PLR Help

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
On 05/02/2012 05:01 AM, Daniel Cole wrote:

> Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid
>
> Everything below installed by apt-get:
> Postgres 9.1
> Postgres 9.1 dev
> PostGis
> R-base
> R-base-Dev
>
> I have wanted to install the PLR via the postgresql-9.1.-plr package,
> but there doesn't seem to be one for 10.04.
9.1 is the standard version of PostgreSQL for 12.04 LTS. There's a good
possibility that you can just install the plr deb from that version:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/postgresql-9.1-plr (choose your
architecture in the Download section). The plr.sql to load is in
/usr/share/postgresql/9.1/extension/plr.sql.

Worked for me in 11.04. If you are running the 9.1 packages from the
PostgreSQL PPA it will probably work for you, too.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: PLR Help

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 05/02/2012 03:01 AM, Daniel Cole wrote:
> I finally got R to make after some help on this list, but now I am

Does this imply you built R from source, or did you actually install R
and R dev from deb packages?

If you built R from source you need to use the correct configure switch
to ensure the dynamic library gets built, because the default is to not
build it.

> *sudo psql -d testdb9 -U testdbuser < plr.sql*
>
> and I get result at the bottom of this email.

> I believe that it has to do either with not having $R_Home set correctly
> (I can't find must documentation on this) or it has do to with not
> having the libR findable by my runtime linker.  ( I tried adding the
> following to a file that is loaded by /etc/ld.so.conf )  The lines I
> loaded to that file are:
> /usr/lib/R/bin
> /usr/lib/R/
> /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/

> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/lib/plr.so":
> libR.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This error is typically because libR.so is not being found. I am not in
a position to check at the moment, but I believe current packaged
versions of R place the shared object here:

   /usr/lib/R/lib

First, go find lib.R.so. Assuming it is in the above location, place
that location in your /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

HTH,

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Re: PLR Help

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 05/02/2012 10:59 AM, Joe Conway wrote:
> First, go find lib.R.so. Assuming it is in the above location, place
                 ^-- oops, I meant libR.so

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Re: PLR Help

От
Daniel Cole
Дата:
Joe,

Thats IT !!!!

Thanks so much.  I can't believe I missed that but I have gone crazy trying to figure that out and all that time I was just missing the "/usr/lib/R/lib/" in the ld.so.conf .  Once I put that in and ran ldconfig, all was happy.  Thanks so much.

side note.. I did spend a little while looking for lib.R.so and wondering how I could be missing that file.. then I saw your follow-up email.

Thanks again,

Daniel