Обсуждение: Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?

Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?

От
Andreas
Дата:
Hi,
can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?
AFAIK odbc or similar ways to access non-ms-dbms are no standard options
of the Express version, is it?

Mind you, I dont want to build PG with MSVS.
I'd be interested to use PG instead of ms-sql.

Re: Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 10/05/2011 04:54 AM, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
> can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?
> AFAIK odbc or similar ways to access non-ms-dbms are no standard options
> of the Express version, is it?

No, there's no IDE integration. What would you want? I don't use MS SQL,
so I don't really know what the integration they offer is and how it works.

libpq works perfectly fine in programs compiled with MSVC++, so you can
use libpq to talk to PostgreSQL just like you would on any other platform.

Alternately you can use PgODBC, ADO, npgsql, etc to use PostgreSQL from
your program.

I'm not aware of a LINQ backend for PostgreSQL, alas.

--
Craig Ringer

Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?

От
"Denis Yanov"
Дата:
You can try to use this latest PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VS Express. Here
is the driver https://www.devart.com/odbc/postgresql/