Re: Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/05/2011 04:54 AM, Andreas wrote:
> Hi,
> can I integrate PostgreSQL into MS Visual Studio EXPRESS ?
> AFAIK odbc or similar ways to access non-ms-dbms are no standard options
> of the Express version, is it?

No, there's no IDE integration. What would you want? I don't use MS SQL,
so I don't really know what the integration they offer is and how it works.

libpq works perfectly fine in programs compiled with MSVC++, so you can
use libpq to talk to PostgreSQL just like you would on any other platform.

Alternately you can use PgODBC, ADO, npgsql, etc to use PostgreSQL from
your program.

I'm not aware of a LINQ backend for PostgreSQL, alas.

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] One-click installer, Windows 7 32-bit, and icacls.exe
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] One-click installer, Windows 7 32-bit, and icacls.exe