Обсуждение: Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?

Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?

От
Emanuel Calvo
Дата:
I'm still finding pg_create_restore_point in 9.1a2 documentation:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-admin.html

But I've compiled that version and I didn't found it:

postgres=# \df *create_restore*
                       List of functions
 Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
--------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
(0 rows)

postgres=# select pg_create_restore_point('name');
ERROR:  function pg_create_restore_point(unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: select pg_create_restore_point('name');
               ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.
postgres=# select pg_create_restore_point('name'::text);
ERROR:  function pg_create_restore_point(text) does not exist
LINE 1: select pg_create_restore_point('name'::text);
               ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You
might need to add explicit type casts.

By the way, another issue that I found is when I execute \df. It
doesn't display anything (I must
force with * to do that).
I don't know if it is correct but in other releases it displays all
the functions (as \d displays
all the relations in this one).

              Emanuel Calvo
              Helpame.com

Re: [BUGS] Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Emanuel Calvo <postgres.arg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still finding pg_create_restore_point in 9.1a2 documentation:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-admin.html
>
> But I've compiled that version and I didn't found it:
>
> postgres=# \df *create_restore*
>                       List of functions
>  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
> --------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
> (0 rows)

the function exists... and it should appear, it does for me

postgres=# \df *create_re*
                                   List of functions
   Schema   |          Name           | Result data type | Argument
data types |  Type
------------+-------------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
 pg_catalog | pg_create_restore_point | text             | text
        | normal
(1 row)

postgres=# select pg_create_restore_point('jcm');
ERROR:  WAL level not sufficient for creating a restore point
HINT:  wal_level must be set to "archive" or "hot_standby" at server start.
STATEMENT:  select pg_create_restore_point('jcm');

> By the way, another issue that I found is when I execute \df. It
> doesn't display anything (I must
> force with * to do that).

i can confirm this

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: [BUGS] Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?

От
Emanuel Calvo
Дата:
2011/6/22 Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com>:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Emanuel Calvo <postgres.arg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm still finding pg_create_restore_point in 9.1a2 documentation:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-admin.html
>>
>> But I've compiled that version and I didn't found it:
>>
>> postgres=# \df *create_restore*
>>                       List of functions
>>  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
>> --------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
>> (0 rows)
>>

> the function exists... and it should appear, it does for me
>
> postgres=# \df *create_re*
>                                   List of functions
>   Schema   |          Name           | Result data type | Argument
> data types |  Type
> ------------+-------------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
>  pg_catalog | pg_create_restore_point | text             | text
>        | normal
> (1 row)

I'm using alpha2 release. I recompiled and I didn't found errors during the
compilation.

Is still missing for me, I will try to download the source from another
repo.

              Emanuel Calvo
              Helpame.com

Re: [BUGS] Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?

Дата:
Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Emanuel Calvo <postgres.arg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm still finding pg_create_restore_point in 9.1a2 documentation:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-admin.html
>> But I've compiled that version and I didn't found it:

> the function exists... and it should appear, it does for me

Works for me, too.  Are you sure you did an initdb?  Are you connecting
to the right server?  (BTW, why are you still using alpha2?)

>> By the way, another issue that I found is when I execute \df. It
>> doesn't display anything (I must
>> force with * to do that).

> i can confirm this

This is allegedly a feature, not a bug, and it's been that way for a
couple releases now: \df with no argument prints only user-defined
functions.  I will let those who advocated that behavior defend it.

            regards, tom lane