Re: Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?

От Jaime Casanova
Тема Re: Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?
Дата
Re: Where is pg_create_restore_point funciton in 9.1a2 ?
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Emanuel Calvo <postgres.arg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm still finding pg_create_restore_point in 9.1a2 documentation:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-admin.html
>
> But I've compiled that version and I didn't found it:
>
> postgres=# \df *create_restore*
>                       List of functions
>  Schema | Name | Result data type | Argument data types | Type
> --------+------+------------------+---------------------+------
> (0 rows)

the function exists... and it should appear, it does for me

postgres=# \df *create_re*
                                   List of functions
   Schema   |          Name           | Result data type | Argument
data types |  Type
------------+-------------------------+------------------+---------------------+--------
 pg_catalog | pg_create_restore_point | text             | text
        | normal
(1 row)

postgres=# select pg_create_restore_point('jcm');
ERROR:  WAL level not sufficient for creating a restore point
HINT:  wal_level must be set to "archive" or "hot_standby" at server start.
STATEMENT:  select pg_create_restore_point('jcm');

> By the way, another issue that I found is when I execute \df. It
> doesn't display anything (I must
> force with * to do that).

i can confirm this

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación