Обсуждение: Request for comment: pgjson project

Request for comment: pgjson project

От
Terry Laurenzo
Дата:
Hi all -

I'm a long-time postgres user but have never developed any extensions for it.  I had some time over the past week and decided to tackle a project I've had on my list for a while: adding robust JSON capabilities to the database server.  This is the first step in a bigger thought that I've been toying with for a while.

Its not done yet, but it builds and works with some examples (see the Github readme).

This isn't just an alias for a text type with some validation.  The internal representation is actually a superset of BSON (http://bsonspec.org/) as defined for MongoDB.  I've architected it so that it should play naturally with the postgres type system, but there are still some cast functions that need to be implemented.

Anyway, feedback is appreciated - good, bad or otherwise.

Thanks.
Terry

Re: Request for comment: pgjson project

Дата:
Terry Laurenzo <tj@laurenzo.org> writes:
> I'm a long-time postgres user but have never developed any extensions for
> it.  I had some time over the past week and decided to tackle a project I've
> had on my list for a while: adding robust JSON capabilities to the database
> server.

Hm, are you aware that there's already work going on in that area?
There are two relevant patches in the queue at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=7

Perhaps you should join forces with those folk instead of starting an
independent effort.  I don't believe that anyone thinks those patches
are set in stone yet, so design ideas are still welcome.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Request for comment: pgjson project

От
Terry Laurenzo
Дата:
Thanks Tom.  I wasn't aware - I did do a quick search at the beginning but didn't turn this up.  I'll post over on the hackers list.

Terry