Re: Request for comment: pgjson project

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Request for comment: pgjson project
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Terry Laurenzo <tj@laurenzo.org> writes:
> I'm a long-time postgres user but have never developed any extensions for
> it.  I had some time over the past week and decided to tackle a project I've
> had on my list for a while: adding robust JSON capabilities to the database
> server.

Hm, are you aware that there's already work going on in that area?
There are two relevant patches in the queue at
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=7

Perhaps you should join forces with those folk instead of starting an
independent effort.  I don't believe that anyone thinks those patches
are set in stone yet, so design ideas are still welcome.