Обсуждение: recovery fail

recovery fail

От
Łukasz Bieniek
Дата:
I'have made a backup my DB with pg_dump its (' pg_dump -U username dbname >backupfilename.sql.gz. When i want to
restoreit ( I drop the old database ,creaete new and language to it and i type a command 'cat
backupfilename.sql.gz|gunzip|/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql-U username dbname) this backup restore my all tables but its
losesrelations to some tables. and when it is restoring sysem send me messeges about missing relations . I think it is
aboutorder in this recovery data from backup. How to resolve this problem?

Wez kredyt przez internet. Atrakcyjne oprocentowanie, bez zaswiadczen!
http://linkint.pl/f27d6

Re: recovery fail

От
Denis BUCHER
Дата:
Le 25.08.2010 15:15, Łukasz Bieniek a écrit :
> I'have made a backup my DB with pg_dump its (' pg_dump -U username dbname>backupfilename.sql.gz. When i want to
restoreit ( I drop the old database ,creaete new and language to it and i type a command 'cat
backupfilename.sql.gz|gunzip|/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql-U username dbname) this backup restore my all tables but its
losesrelations to some tables. and when it is restoring sysem send me messeges about missing relations . I think it is
aboutorder in this recovery data from backup. How to resolve this problem?

Same version of postgresql (backup and restore) ?
If not, some small adaptations are always necessary...

What do you get as errors or warnings ?

Denis

Re: recovery fail

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
2010/8/25 Łukasz Bieniek <lukebieniek@interia.pl>:
> I'have made a backup my DB with pg_dump its (' pg_dump -U username dbname >backupfilename.sql.gz. When i want to
restoreit ( I drop the old database ,creaete new and language to it and i type a command 'cat
backupfilename.sql.gz|gunzip|/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql-U username dbname) this backup restore my all tables but its
losesrelations to some tables. and when it is restoring sysem send me messeges about missing relations . I think it is
aboutorder in this recovery data from backup. How to resolve this problem?

Are you piping the pg_dump through gzip?  It doesn't look like it.  If
you are, replace your restore command with:

zcat backupfile.sql.gz | psql ...

Re: recovery fail

От
Selena Deckelmann
Дата:
Hi!

2010/8/25 Łukasz Bieniek <lukebieniek@interia.pl>:
> I'have made a backup my DB with pg_dump its (' pg_dump -U username dbname >backupfilename.sql.gz. When i want to
restoreit ( I drop the old database ,creaete new and language to it and i type a command 'cat
backupfilename.sql.gz|gunzip|/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql-U username dbname) this backup restore my all tables but its
losesrelations to some tables. and when it is restoring sysem send me messeges about missing relations . I think it is
aboutorder in this recovery data from backup. How to resolve this problem?

Try running psql with '-v "ON_ERROR_STOP=true"' so that you get the
first error. You may be having a problem with a dependency early in
the restore process.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me