Обсуждение: database cluster!!!

database cluster!!!

От
Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez
Hello:

I have two servers and I want create a database cluster in a SAN (storage area network), can any send my any link or any web site in that I can read and study about it.

Thank you very much for your time.

Re: database cluster!!!

От
Greg Smith
Дата:
Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez wrote:
p { margin: 0; }
I have two servers and I want create a database cluster in a SAN (storage area network), can any send my any link or any web site in that I can read and study about it.

This is turning into something that needs more of a detailed FAQ than the ones already available on this topic, so: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Shared_Storage

That really needs heavy links to known working products and a highly referenced discussion of the terminology of this field, but that's what you get in the 15 minutes I had to work on this today.

Re: database cluster!!!

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
  On 08/17/10 12:19 PM, Lazaro Ruben Garcia Martinez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have two servers and I want create a database cluster in a SAN
> (storage area network), can any send my any link or any web site in
> that I can read and study about it.

"Cluster" means different things to different people and/or
applications, but loosely, clusters can be grouped into High
Availability and High Performance.

Do you want a high availability active/standby cluster?   Or a high
performance load balanced cluster?   The latter is much harder to
implement properly.  The high availability active/standby style of
clustering is described in the wiki article Greg just posted.