Обсуждение: PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
PGDay.EU 2009 is approaching fast - have you registered yet?

Europe's premier PostgreSQL conference organised by PostgreSQL Europe
and PostgreSQLfr will be held on November 6th and 7th at ParisTech
Telecom in Paris, France. With an outstanding lineup of talks over the
two days of the event, with tracks in English and French, this is the
must-attend PostgreSQL conference this year!

http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Speakers will include well known community members and developers such
as Simon Riggs, Gavin M. Roy, Gabriele Bartolini, Dimitri Fontaine,
Joshua Drake and Guillaume Lelarge speaking on a wide range of topics.
The full schedule can be seen at http://2009.pgday.eu/schedule

If you are planning on attending, please register as soon as possible
at http://2009.pgday.eu/register. Early registration will help us
ensure you get a T-Shirt and conference goodies!

Details of the venue and hotels in the local area can also be found on
the conference website. If you have yet to book your accommodation, I
would suggest doing so as soon as possible as Paris is quite busy at
this time of year.

See you in Paris!

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
2009/10/20 Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>:
> PGDay.EU 2009 is approaching fast - have you registered yet?
>
> Europe's premier PostgreSQL conference organised by PostgreSQL Europe
> and PostgreSQLfr will be held on November 6th and 7th at ParisTech
> Telecom in Paris, France. With an outstanding lineup of talks over the
> two days of the event, with tracks in English and French, this is the
> must-attend PostgreSQL conference this year!
>
> http://2009.pgday.eu/start
>
> Speakers will include well known community members and developers such
> as Simon Riggs, Gavin M. Roy, Gabriele Bartolini, Dimitri Fontaine,
> Joshua Drake and Guillaume Lelarge speaking on a wide range of topics.
> The full schedule can be seen at http://2009.pgday.eu/schedule
>
> If you are planning on attending, please register as soon as possible
> at http://2009.pgday.eu/register. Early registration will help us
> ensure you get a T-Shirt and conference goodies!
>
> Details of the venue and hotels in the local area can also be found on
> the conference website. If you have yet to book your accommodation, I
> would suggest doing so as soon as possible as Paris is quite busy at
> this time of year.

And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
for details.

Thom

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

Re: [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
I've put the English schedule (Désolé utilisateurs Français) on a
calendar for my own use, but made it public in case anyone else might
find it helpful, like syncing it with a mobile device etc:

XML: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/dp7jfelvcbtmks1m021c6rt3dk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

iCal: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/dp7jfelvcbtmks1m021c6rt3dk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

By the way, does anyone have a Time Turner
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Turner#Time-Turners) they can loan
to me for this event? ;)

Thom

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 20/10/2009 12:52, Thom Brown wrote:

> And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
> for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
> for details.

I gather from another Irish attendee that this one is booked out now.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Cédric Villemain
Дата:
Le lundi 26 octobre 2009 15:12:10, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
> On 20/10/2009 12:52, Thom Brown wrote:
> > And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
> > for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
> > for details.
>
> I gather from another Irish attendee that this one is booked out now.

Sure ? You *have to* ask for the ParisTech rooms (there were still 10 rooms
available on friday, only for Paristech) Else the hotel is full.

--
Cédric Villemain
Administrateur de Base de Données

Вложения

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 26/10/2009 19:08, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> Le lundi 26 octobre 2009 15:12:10, Raymond O'Donnell a écrit :
>> On 20/10/2009 12:52, Thom Brown wrote:
>>> And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
>>> for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
>>> for details.
>> I gather from another Irish attendee that this one is booked out now.
>
> Sure ? You *have to* ask for the ParisTech rooms (there were still 10 rooms
> available on friday, only for Paristech) Else the hotel is full.

Not sure... I'll pass the word on - thanks for the tip. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
> I gather from another Irish attendee that this one is booked out now.

Yes, it was booked out, but they said I should ring back the next day,
which suggested that they may have expected some cancellations or
something. In any case, I booked the Kyriad Cachan.

The PgDay EU site says that the Kyriad Cachan is 1.5km from Paris, but
I doubt it - Wikipedia says Cachan is 6.7km from Paris city centre. In
any case, it's near the RER, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 20/10/2009 12:52, Thom Brown wrote:
>
>> And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
>> for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
>> for details.
>
> I gather from another Irish attendee that this one is booked out now.

For info, there are also Postgres people staying at the following
hotels. I have no idea of the quality of these though, and there are
no special deals for the conference:

Best Western Nouvel Orleans
25 Avenue Du General Leclerc, Paris, France, 75014
33 (1) 43278020

Hotel Sophie Germaine
12 rue Sophie Germain, Paris, France
33-1-43-21-43-75

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
2009/10/20 Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>:
> PGDay.EU 2009 is approaching fast - have you registered yet?
>
> Europe's premier PostgreSQL conference organised by PostgreSQL Europe
> and PostgreSQLfr will be held on November 6th and 7th at ParisTech
> Telecom in Paris, France. With an outstanding lineup of talks over the
> two days of the event, with tracks in English and French, this is the
> must-attend PostgreSQL conference this year!
>
> http://2009.pgday.eu/start
>
> Speakers will include well known community members and developers such
> as Simon Riggs, Gavin M. Roy, Gabriele Bartolini, Dimitri Fontaine,
> Joshua Drake and Guillaume Lelarge speaking on a wide range of topics.
> The full schedule can be seen at http://2009.pgday.eu/schedule
>
> If you are planning on attending, please register as soon as possible
> at http://2009.pgday.eu/register. Early registration will help us
> ensure you get a T-Shirt and conference goodies!
>
> Details of the venue and hotels in the local area can also be found on
> the conference website. If you have yet to book your accommodation, I
> would suggest doing so as soon as possible as Paris is quite busy at
> this time of year.

And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
for details.

Thom

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
I've put the English schedule (Désolé utilisateurs Français) on a
calendar for my own use, but made it public in case anyone else might
find it helpful, like syncing it with a mobile device etc:

XML: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/dp7jfelvcbtmks1m021c6rt3dk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

iCal: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/dp7jfelvcbtmks1m021c6rt3dk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

By the way, does anyone have a Time Turner
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Turner#Time-Turners) they can loan
to me for this event? ;)

Thom

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
> Sure ? You *have to* ask for the ParisTech rooms (there were still 10 rooms
> available on friday, only for Paristech) Else the hotel is full.

I called on Saturday afternoon. I was sure to specify that I was a
Paristech member, but they were still apparently fully booked.

Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 21:36 +0000, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> > Sure ? You *have to* ask for the ParisTech rooms (there were still 10 rooms
> > available on friday, only for Paristech) Else the hotel is full.
>
> I called on Saturday afternoon. I was sure to specify that I was a
> Paristech member, but they were still apparently fully booked.

I am staying here:

http://www.elysees-paris-hotel.com/

It is a little farther out, but puts you right in Paris.

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
If the world pushes look it in the eye and GRR. Then push back harder. - Salamander

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
I've put the English schedule (Désolé utilisateurs Français) on a
calendar for my own use, but made it public in case anyone else might
find it helpful, like syncing it with a mobile device etc:

XML: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/dp7jfelvcbtmks1m021c6rt3dk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

iCal: http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/dp7jfelvcbtmks1m021c6rt3dk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

By the way, does anyone have a Time Turner
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Turner#Time-Turners) they can loan
to me for this event? ;)

Thom

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 - approaching fast!

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
2009/10/20 Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>:
> PGDay.EU 2009 is approaching fast - have you registered yet?
>
> Europe's premier PostgreSQL conference organised by PostgreSQL Europe
> and PostgreSQLfr will be held on November 6th and 7th at ParisTech
> Telecom in Paris, France. With an outstanding lineup of talks over the
> two days of the event, with tracks in English and French, this is the
> must-attend PostgreSQL conference this year!
>
> http://2009.pgday.eu/start
>
> Speakers will include well known community members and developers such
> as Simon Riggs, Gavin M. Roy, Gabriele Bartolini, Dimitri Fontaine,
> Joshua Drake and Guillaume Lelarge speaking on a wide range of topics.
> The full schedule can be seen at http://2009.pgday.eu/schedule
>
> If you are planning on attending, please register as soon as possible
> at http://2009.pgday.eu/register. Early registration will help us
> ensure you get a T-Shirt and conference goodies!
>
> Details of the venue and hotels in the local area can also be found on
> the conference website. If you have yet to book your accommodation, I
> would suggest doing so as soon as possible as Paris is quite busy at
> this time of year.

And there's special hotel rates at the Kyriad Hotel, in Porte d'Ivry
for those attending the conference.  See http://2009.pgday.eu/hotels
for details.

Thom

-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:

Re: [ANNOUNCE] [pgeu-general] PGDay.EU 2009 -approaching fast!

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата: