Обсуждение: using COPY and PARTITON

using COPY and PARTITON

От
cjm1010
Дата:
hi~

I want to insert DATA by using the COPY making PARTITON TABLE.  By the way,
DATA is inserted only in PARENT TABLE.
Can DATA be inserted in CHILD TABLE by using the COPY?

Thanks,

   JM CHAE

Re: using COPY and PARTITON

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
I believe triggers can do it.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM, cjm1010<cjm1010@naver.com> wrote:

> hi~
>
> I want to insert DATA by using the COPY making PARTITON TABLE.  By the way,
> DATA is inserted only in PARENT TABLE.
> Can DATA be inserted in CHILD TABLE by using the COPY?

Re: using COPY and PARTITON

От
Wojtek
Дата:
Hi,

I'd recommend coping directly to child tables (partitions). It's much
faster.

Regards,
foo

Scott Marlowe wrote:
> I believe triggers can do it.
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM, cjm1010<cjm1010@naver.com> wrote:
>
>> hi~
>>
>> I want to insert DATA by using the COPY making PARTITON TABLE.  By the way,
>> DATA is inserted only in PARENT TABLE.
>> Can DATA be inserted in CHILD TABLE by using the COPY?

Re: using COPY and PARTITON

От
cjm1010
Дата:
thanks for reply

I am using rules with libpq instead of triggers now.
When INSERT was used, it was possible to insert it in CHILD TABLE well.
However, if COPY is used, it is possible to insert it only in PARENT TABLE.
Can triggers be used with libpq?
And, if trigger is used, can it straighten out that problem?

JM CHAE

Scott Marlowe-2 wrote:

> I believe triggers can do it.
>
> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 11:15 PM, cjm1010<cjm1010@naver.com> wrote:
>>
>> hi~
>>
>> I want to insert DATA by using the COPY making PARTITON TABLE.  By the
>> way,
>> DATA is inserted only in PARENT TABLE.
>> Can DATA be inserted in CHILD TABLE by using the COPY?

Re: using COPY and PARTITON

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:58 AM, cjm1010<cjm1010@naver.com> wrote:

> thanks for reply
>
> I am using rules with libpq instead of triggers now.
> When INSERT was used, it was possible to insert it in CHILD TABLE well.
> However, if COPY is used, it is possible to insert it only in PARENT TABLE.
> Can triggers be used with libpq?
> And, if trigger is used, can it straighten out that problem?

Yep, triggers work just fine with libpq (if they didn't FK constraints
wouldn't work).  I switched from rules to triggers a while back for my
reporting / stats database and they work a charm.