Обсуждение: Error while including PQXX library

Error while including PQXX library

От
aravind chandu
Дата:
Hello,

          I wrote a small program in cpp which uses pqxx API.The file that i included are

          #include <pqxx/connection>
          #include <pqxx/transaction>

         After compiling i got the following error :
        prog29.cpp:5:21: pqxx/connection: No such file or directory
        prog29.cpp:5:21: pqxx/transaction: No such file or directory

        I checked the include directory and all these files were there,but i don't know why i got these errors.Can you guys please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Aravind.

Re: Error while including PQXX library

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
aravind chandu wrote:
>           #include <pqxx/connection>
>           #include <pqxx/transaction>

>         prog29.cpp:5:21: pqxx/connection: No such file or directory
>         prog29.cpp:5:21: pqxx/transaction: No such file or directory

>         I checked the include
> directory and all these files were there

Doubtful. I've never heard of a header file without an extension. I'm
guessing that:
1. You are on Windows
2. You have explorer set to "hide known extensions" (it's in folder options)

Try pqxx/connection.h or whatever the extension is once you've got
explorer to display them.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: Error while including PQXX library

От
Malinka Rellikwodahs
Дата:
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:37, aravind chandu <avin_friends@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>           I wrote a small program in cpp which uses pqxx API.The file that i
> included are
>
>           #include <pqxx/connection>
>           #include <pqxx/transaction>
>
>          After compiling i got the following error :
>         prog29.cpp:5:21: pqxx/connection: No such file or directory
>         prog29.cpp:5:21: pqxx/transaction: No such file or directory
>
>         I checked the include directory and all these files were there,but i
> don't know why i got these errors.Can you guys please help me to solve this
> problem.

Random guess but check that your include path points to the directory
containing the pqxx director, for example if you're connection and
transaction header files are in some/path/include/pqxx make sure you
add to the compiler some/path/include not some/path/include/pqxx