Обсуждение: does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs with pg_dump?

does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs with pg_dump?

От
Jonathan Vanasco
Дата:
i think i just need a METHOD for localhost only.

thanks.

Re: does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs with pg_dump?

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> i think i just need a METHOD for localhost only.

You can either "trust" any connections from the local machine, or if
that's too insecure use a .pgpass file.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-pgpass.html

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs with pg_dump?

От
Sam Mason
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 05:45:27PM +0000, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> > i think i just need a METHOD for localhost only.
>
> You can either "trust" any connections from the local machine, or if
> that's too insecure use a .pgpass file.

If your database user has the same name as the user who is running the
cron job you could also use the "ident" authentication method.

  Sam

Re: does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs with pg_dump?

От
Jasen Betts
Дата:
On 2009-02-10, Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> wrote:
> does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs
> with pg_dump?
> i think i just need a METHOD for localhost only.

write a script that sets PGPASSWORD and then calls pg_dump,
use .pgconf,
or use trust or ident authenticateion in pg_hba.conf

Re: Re: does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs with pg_dump?

От
Kusuma Pabba
Дата:
Jasen Betts wrote:
> On 2009-02-10, Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> wrote:
>
>> does anyone know what to use in pg_hba.conf that will allow me to run cronjobs
>> with pg_dump?
>> i think i just need a METHOD for localhost only.
>>

> write a script that sets PGPASSWORD and then calls pg_dump,
> use .pgconf,
> or use trust or ident authenticateion in pg_hba.conf

    i think this site will help you out
    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

    Regards
    kusuma.p