Обсуждение: PGAdmin and user privileges - what I do wrong?

PGAdmin and user privileges - what I do wrong?

От
durumdara
Дата:
Hi!

Please help me a little.

I used PGAdmin to administrate my databases.
I created a new user named "zx".

CREATE ROLE zx LOGIN
   ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '*'
   NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;

When I want to manually assign this user to a table, I have problem in
the PGAdmin's Privilege tab.
The privileges GroupBox have a ComboBox, named Role. This ComboBox is
not containing the zx user in it's list.

When I write the user (zx) into the combo , then the "Add" button have
been disabled.

I can write only an SQL cmd to add this privilege. When I do it, the
Privilege list extended with this user, I can select it from the combobox.

What I do wrong? Which property I need to set to I can Add privileges to
the tables/objects with this user?

Thanks for your help:
    dd

Re: PGAdmin and user privileges - what I do wrong?

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 04/02/2009 12:40, durumdara wrote:

> When I want to manually assign this user to a table, I have problem in
> the PGAdmin's Privilege tab.
> The privileges GroupBox have a ComboBox, named Role. This ComboBox is
> not containing the zx user in it's list.

By default, that combo box shows only group roles.

You need to go to File -> Options -> Preferences tab, and select "Show
users for privileges".

By the way, there's a separate mailing list for specifically pgAdmin
questions - pgadmin-support@postgresql.org - you'll find subscription
instructions on the pgAdmin website. This list is for PostgreSQL itself.

HTH,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: PGAdmin and user privileges - what I do wrong?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM, durumdara <durumdara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Please help me a little.
>
> I used PGAdmin to administrate my databases.
> I created a new user named "zx".
>
> CREATE ROLE zx LOGIN
>  ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '*'
>  NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE;
>
> When I want to manually assign this user to a table, I have problem in the
> PGAdmin's Privilege tab.
> The privileges GroupBox have a ComboBox, named Role. This ComboBox is not
> containing the zx user in it's list.
>
> When I write the user (zx) into the combo , then the "Add" button have been
> disabled.
>
> I can write only an SQL cmd to add this privilege. When I do it, the
> Privilege list extended with this user, I can select it from the combobox.
>
> What I do wrong? Which property I need to set to I can Add privileges to the
> tables/objects with this user?

See File -> Options -> Preferences -> Show users for privileges?

By default, only group roles are listed.

--
Dave Page

Re: PGAdmin and user privileges - what I do wrong?

От
anatoly techtonik
Дата:
This saved my day. Thanks!

In pgAdmin III the option it is: File -> Options... -> Browser > UI
Miscellaneous

This stuff is confusing for a beginner. I wish pgadmin III had some tooltip
or Help link to relevant chapter about "Why creating users is discouraged?".