Обсуждение: how to load text file that has embeded nul character

how to load text file that has embeded nul character

От
Sun Dong
Дата:
Hi there,

I have to use copy command to load a text file. One of the filed contains an embeded nul character.

as shown in the attached file.

When I tried to load it, I always get this error:
 invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00

how could I load this into postgresql database?

Thanks.
Dong

Re: how to load text file that has embeded nul character

От
Alvaro Herrera
Sun Dong wrote:

> When I tried to load it, I always get this error:
>  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00
>
> how could I load this into postgresql database?

I'm afraid you'll have to preprocess the file to convert the 0x00 into
\000.  Obviously, if you're inserting this file into a text field or
similar, the data will be truncated at that point; if you want the data
after the NUL to be preserved, you'll need a bytea field (or change the
NUL to something else).